【 Chapter 6 】

Start from the beginning

(#1)

(There are more options, so if you don't like this one hopefully you like one of the others)

       "Well? Do you like it?" He asks expectantly, waiting for me to say something.

       "W-wow. . . I—how much is this?" I ask, taking the dress in my hands, rubbing the smooth satin between my fingers.

     "Dio, are you sure this okay? Isn't this—" I lower my voice so only he can hear, "—really expensive?"

       "The cost is not your concern. Now, go and try it on. The change rooms are over there," He points to the back of the store.

       After a bit of hesitation, I take the dress and head to the back, finding an unoccupied change room. I close the door and lock it, when I turn around I'm faced with a tall mirror dominating the back wall of the small room. I quickly change into the dress and then peer into the mirror, inspecting the young lady standing before me.

       I didn't even know I could look this good.

      Slowly opening the door, I find Dio waiting patiently on the other side to see how it looks. I come out from behind the door, clasping my hands behind my back and fiddling nervously.

       Dio looks me up and down, his eyes a little less narrowed than usual I notice. Then, the corners of his mouth turn up slightly, forming a satisfied smile, as if admiring his work, "It looks good on you. What do you think? Do you like it?"

       "Yes, I do." I simply answer, my cheeks getting a bit warm.

       "I found two more dresses for you to choose from, here they are." He pulls them out from behind him.

(#2)

(#3)

(#3)

       I try to contain my happiness as I take the dresses from him

       I try to contain my happiness as I take the dresses from him. I hurry back into the dressing room and change into the second dress. I look into the mirror and admire the lacy sleeves, swaying as I move. When I come out this time I'm a little more confident, doing a little twirl for him to see the full volume of the skirt.

       Dio grins and gives me a round of applause, "Wonderful. You look great," then, realizing what he said he corrects himself, "The dress looks great,"

I give a quick nod before going back into the change room. I've never seen Dio correct himself before, it was. . . interesting—wait, what am I thinking? Stop swooning Anne. You aren't a fan girl.

However, that moment didn't seem like it was planned. No, I'm sure of it, that moment just now was genuine.

I put on the last dress. Exiting the room once again, I let Dio see the final dress he picked out.

After getting back into my own clothes, I take all three dresses out of the change room. It was a hard decision, but I do have one favorite that I like a little more than the others.

"Which one would you like to wear to the party?" Dio pulls out his wallet from a pocket in his coat.

       "Well, my favorite dress is this one," I hold it out for him to see. "The others are wonderful too, but I think this one is more, me."

(Choose whichever dress is your favorite)

       "I agree. It, suits you." He checks the price tag and then brings it to the front desk to pay. As we're leaving he comes to a stop, reaching into his coat and pulling something out of it, hidden from my view.

      "I forgot to mention. . ." The object comes into my view. A mask? "It's a masquerade ball, you'll need this to go with your dress,"

(Choose whichever mask you think matches the dress you picked the best)

(#1)

(#2)

(#2)

       "A Masquerade? I've always wanted to go to one of those!" Excitement fills my voice

       "A Masquerade? I've always wanted to go to one of those!" Excitement fills my voice. Dio places the mask in my hands and I trace the swirling designs with my fingertips, "It's beautiful,"

       "I'm glad you like it," He voices.

       The walk back to Primrose Books is relatively quiet, but it's a comfortable silence, I actually quite enjoy it. Once we reach the door he hands the gift bag with my new dress to me. I turn around to enter the building when his hand closes around my wrist, giving it a gentle tug to make me face him once more, "I'll see you tomorrow, Anne,"

       With that he lets go and begins his walk back to the Joestar estate. I stand in front of the shop for a while, watching him leave, before I eventually head inside.

An eventful night awaits me tomorrow. Time seems to pass by a little slower than usual as I wait for the day to come to an end, so that the next one can begin.

____________________________________

A/n: Hello readers! I hope you're excited for the party, I know I am. Also, please leave a comment on your favorite dress and mask, I'd like to see which one you guys like the most.

Please remember to vote if you liked this chapter! Thank you!