Chapter 7

The next day was Sunday and you were up early enough to get in a quick hike outside around the compound on one of the trails. It was peaceful, but the air was starting to turn chilly, and it was getting breezy. 

You were happy to head back up to your room and get out of the wind. You noticed Bucky's door was closed but you didn't knock on it. He'll come out eventually you thought. You grabbed your things for your shower.

You ended up at the kitchen table with a coffee in hand and plate of toast. You didn't feel like much of a big meal. Steve was making eggs and bacon and you could usually snaggle yourself a few bites off his plate. 

As people slowly started to wander in, you noticed Bucky walk in wearing grey sweatpants and a long sleeve blue Henley, his hair was somewhat messy, and he looked a bit tired.

Man, that guy can wear a potato sack and make it look like he was an ancient Greek God you thought sipping your coffee. You lightly blushed from the mental image, but that image quickly dissolved as soon as Steve plopped himself down next to you with his plate of food.

Bucky was right behind him with a glass of orange juice but nothing else. 

"Help yourself to whatever you like Bucky" Steve told him as he munched on his eggs. 

"Sure thing"

He scanned the kitchen to see what was available and ended up with a bowl of cereal and sat back down again quietly eating. 

After stealing a few bites off Steve's plate, you got up from the table and loaded your dishes into the dishwasher then headed back up to your room. 

You were going to relax with some music and possibly a book since you didn't have anything else planned.

You hummed along to your music, looking for a book to read, when you heard the elevator ding and footsteps in the hall. Steve and Bucky were quietly chatting about the day and Steve knocked at your door. 

"Hey Steve and his friend Bucky" you smiled at both men. 

"Hey Liv!" 

Steve walked into your room and sat down on the bed. 

"Can I help you both with anything?" you asked as you were searching through your bookcase. 

By this time Bucky came into your room and you could tell he was trying not to look at anything too personal on your shelves and walls for too long as his eyes were scanning the room.

"I was going to order a few things for Bucky for his room, but I don't seem to have the time. Can you help him with that" he asked as he smiled giving you his sad puppy dog eyes? 

"Of course, I can" you chose a book and walked back to him. 

"I will definitely help as remember the last time you tried ordering shoes online Steve?" you smirked but he nodded his head and rolled his eyes.

"You ended up with a case of pink ladies' razors. Ladies' razors Steve" you laughed. 

"I wasn't aware the shoes and razors were on the same page, but you managed to find it and hit the order button. Or remember the time you tried ordering Sam a birthday present which was supposed to be that board game he wanted? Yeah, you ended up ordering a children's bicycle. A bike Steve, and not just any bike – a kids bike complete with pink dinosaurs on it so no one here could even use it" 

Steve's face turned red, and he put his hands over his eyes in embarrassment. 

"I know I know" he exclaimed. Yo

u were smirking at him. 

At this point Bucky was laughing so much he had to grab his chest to keep from falling over. You looked at him as you had never heard a belly laugh like that before. It was kind of cute to see.