Chapter 16

As expected, you didn't go to your lecture, he didn't go to do his hero work

As expected, you didn't go to your lecture, he didn't go to do his hero work. Instead, you're both at home with your runny noses and sore throats.

He didn't know what to do, his girlfriend was at work and he was on their shared bed. He ringed you up.

"Hello.." He heard a sore, grumpy voice call out.

"Let me guess? You caught a cold as well?" He said.

"No, I heard that faking a sore throat and runny nose was a trend, I'm just hoping in on the trend." The girl sarcastically replied.

"Well then consider me trendy." He tried to joke despite feeling like he was about to die. He heard a laugh from the other end of the phone which made him smile.

"So, how bad did it hit you?" The girl questioned.

"Hm, I missed work today." He answered her question.

"Ah, quite bad eh?" She said.

"Wanna video call. I'm so lonely I haven't seen a single person today, not even Naomi!" He whined.

"Sure." You agreed to his request.

You both decided to facetime. You saw how bad you both looked. Your nose was red and scrunched up. He had eyebags.

"You look gross." He commented.

"Have you looked in the mirror?" You groaned.

"Yikes, this is the first time I look this bad." He said.

"Thought you looked like this everyday." You say as you lean your phone against your pillow and roll up in your blanket.

"Rude.." He mumbled.

"Oh please, don't be such a baby." You rolled your eyes.

"Do you just suddenly get ruder when you're sick?" He genuinely asked.

"No! Maybe. Yes.." You finally admitted. He laughed at you in response.

"Well.. Y/N I wanna thank you." He said.

"For what?" You looked at the screen.

"For sledding with me yesterday. I usually never go." He admitted.

"Why? Don't you do this kind of stuff with Naomi?" You questioned.

"No, it's either I'm too busy or she is. Or she just doesn't want to." He looked down.

"Ah, sorry to hear. But don't worry you've always got me if you're up to do something fun, just call me!" You gave a thumbs up.

"Counting on it then!" He smiled.

"Anyways! I'm soo sad I'm missing class right now!!" You whined to him.

"First person I've met that hates missing class." He found it weird that you were upset.

"Yeah but I'm also getting a week off from work and I have to spend it being sick!?" You complained yet again.

"Yeah that sucks." He frowned.

"Anyways, how about we don't complain and get to know each other. We have all day right?" He said as he coughed a little after that.

"Hm, what else is there to know about me?" You questioned.

"Your favorite color, food, place to go, your friends, tv shows, you know things like that." He sniffled.

"Hm, my favorite color is f/c, food is f/f, tv shows are f/s, my favorite place to go is my house." You speedrun through all the questions.

"Hm what about your friends, you do have friends right?" He asked jokingly.

"Of course, I have 4 best friends who are always there for me." You said.

"I feel like dying." You added a side comment.

"Same Y/N, but we can get through this together." He weakly put his fist in the air.

"Yess we can." You said getting up.

"I'm gonna make breakfast, I haven't had any yet." You complained.

"Oo nIce." His voice cracked.

"What should I have today?" You asked him.

"Hm make pancakes." He said.

"Nope, no way my body will allow that. I'm having toast." You said.

"Why bother asking?"

"Dunno."

"Well then, I'm gonna have the best toast I've ever ha-" You were about to finish your sentence before you slipped and fell.

"Y/N!" He called out.

"Todays gonna be a long day." You told him as you groaned in pain.