Haneul didn't even have lunch, she grabs a box of leftover chocolate chips cookies she bought 2 days ago to munch on. After that, she immediately takes her heart illness prescription. It's not that she doesn't have enough money for a proper lunch, but she don't have the appetite to do so after the checkup earlier this afternoon.

"It's almost finished..." her hands examine the almost empty bottle of her medication. She could count how many pills are left in the bottle.

"It's okay, I'm gonna get the money soon to treat my heart. Be positive, Haneul." she takes one of the pills before swallowing it with mineral water next to her.

"And after that, I'm gonna move out from this house. I'm gonna live far away from this town."

Haneul looked at herself in the mirror, internally gasping after seeing her reflection.

"What the hell? Why do I look so messy? This is so embarrassing. Did I look like this when I met him?" she grabs her hair comb before combing her hair to make it less messy. The long hair has been left untreated, making her ends dry and it has clicked inside her to finally cut off her tangled hair.

"I should cut some hair." she grabs a pair of school scissors before cutting her hair without any doubt to her shoulder length.

She's never had short hair, she has always wanted to challenge herself to try a new style, and today is the day. Because why not?

The cut is kinda harsh, but she tries her best to make it looks good although she's bad at it. She checks herself out in the mirror, admiring her new hairstyle.

"Not gonna lie, I think I suit short hair so much better." she smiles to herself.

"Tomorrow is gonna be my first day working as someone's assistant, I hope everything goes well. And I hope I don't pass out at work."

---

"You're late." he glares at her while sitting on his chair spinning around like a child. Her eyes darted to the clock hanging on the wall, 9.04 am. Late by 4 minutes...

Weirdly, he's not wearing a suit like yesterday, he's just wearing a simple and comfortable hoodie and jeans. His hair is still parted in the middle exposing little of his foreheads.

"I'm not, I arrived at 8.55 am, I have to ask the receptionist where's your office, and the elevator is crowded." she explains herself.

"Then why don't you arrive at 8.50 so you have extra 10 minutes to spare?"

Haneul opens her mouth but closed it shut back, dumbfounded by his question. I don't want to lose my job right after I got the chance...

"Sorry."

"Let's go."

That easy? He's not gonna yell at me?

"This is not even my office, this is my dad's. So don't come here next time." he explains while standing from the chair leaving the office.

She nodded her head, "Okay."

Haneul followed his back walking along the cold and silent hallways. She looks to her surroundings, a lot of workers, but they're so focused on the computer screen as if they're being controlled. The only sound echoed on the hallways is their footsteps and the sound of the keyboard tapping.

Do they even rest?

Once they reached the elevator, Jay suddenly speaks.

"Here." he hands her a car key.

"W-what?" Haneul asks confused.

"What else? Drive."

"I can't drive..." she shows him a small sheepish smile.