𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Magsimula sa umpisa

After the threat temporarily clears out, Daryl and Rick comb the area, searching for anyone bitten to ensure that they won't reanimate Glenn gets attacked by a walker. Jane turns around and kicks the walker off of Glenn. "Get down!" Daryl shouts and Jane moves out the way making Daryl shoot an arrow into the walkers head. Once the walker is down they all realize it's a kid Patrick. Jane covers her mouth and shakes her head at the sight and begins checking every cell feeling more and more sad at the people she is seeing and how devoured they look but Jane has noticed something with almost all of the walkers. Most of them have bloody eyes.

Jane meets back up with Rick and see another bloody-eyed walker, Charlie, emerge from a cell and is put down by Rick. Once the kill is done Hershel, Dr. Subramanian and Bob come up along with him as Rick checks Charlie's body. "No bites. No wounds" Rick points out and Jane furrows her eyebrows looking at the body. "So, did he just die?" Jane asks as she looks at Charlie's eyes and sees his bloody eyes. "Horribly, too. Pleurisy aspiration" Dr. Subramanian points out and Jane widens her eyes. "He choked to death on his own blood" Jane states reciting what the Dr said. "Caused those trails down his face" Hershel states and Rick nods his head slowly.

"I've seen them before on a walker outside the fence" Rick states and Daryl nods in agreement. "Seen em on Patrick, too" Daryl says. "They're from the internal lung pressure building up— like if you shake a soda can and pop the top. Only imagine your eyes, ears, nose and throat are the top" The Dr says and Jane sighs shaking her head. "So, is it a sickness from the walkers?" Bob asks and Jane shakes her head. "No, it can't be this has been happening before walkers even came around" Jane answers and the Dr nods, "Could be pneumococcal most like an aggressive flu strain".

"Someone locked him in just in time" Hershel states. "Nah, Charlie used to sleepwalk. Locked himself in. Hell, he was just eating barbecue yesterday. How could somebody die in a day just from a cold?" Daryl questions and points out. "I had a sick pig, it died quick. Saw a sick boar in the woods" Rick states trying to be of help. "Pigs and birds. That's how these things spread in the past. We need to do something about those hogs" Hershel states looking to Rick. "Maybe we're lucky and we don't have to do anything major" Jane says trying to reassure the group. "Haven't seen anybody be lucky in a long time. Bugs like to run through the close quarters. Doesn't get any closer than this" Bob states and Jane crosses her arms over her chest. "All of us in here, we've been exposed" Hershel points out and Jane shakes her head meeting eyes with Rick who genuinely looks worried. "Then we need to figure out what to do with everyone else" Jane states. "I can gather Sasha, Glenn, Carol" Daryl says as Hershel raises his hand. "I'll attend to" Hershel states and Jane nods her head.

Carol, Hershel, Daryl, Sasha, Jane and Glenn think of what to do with the people who might have been infected. "Patrick was fine yesterday and he duties overnight. Two people died that quick?" Carol questions looking beside her to Daryl for answers. "We'll have to separate everyone that's been exposed" Carol suggests and Jane sighs, "That's like everyone in that cell block" Jane states, "That's all of us and maybe more" Daryl adds as they all sit in chairs around the table. "We know this sickness can be lethal. We don't know how easily it spreads. Is anyone else showing symptoms that we know of?" Hershel asks and Jane shakes her head. "Well, we can't just wait and see. There's children. It isn't just the illness. If people, they become a threat" Carol points out.

"Alright, then we need a place for them to go because D block is a mess and if we go in there and clean it up we're risking our lives potentially" Jane argues looking towards Carol. "Then we use cell block A" Carol states and Jane scoffs, "That's death row" Jane points out. "Yeah, not sure if that's much of an upgrade" Glenn adds. "Well, it's clean. That's an upgrade. Think that'll work for Dr. S?" Daryl asks looking to Hershel for answers. "I can help Caleb get it set up" Hershel says and just after he says that they then hear coughing outside of the room and get up to investigate and see Karen and Tyreese walk past.

"Karen, are you okay? You don't sound so good" Carol points out as everyone slowly emerges from the room. "I'm gonna take her back to my cell so she can rest" Tyreese says nicely and Hershel shakes his head. "I don't think that's a good idea" Hershel says and Karen and Tyreese lock eyes, giving each other curious looks. "Why? What's going on now?" Karen asks and Jane sighs as she fidgets around with the necklace Glenn gave to her.

"We think it's a flu or something. That's how Patrick died" Glenn answers and Hershel steps up. "Judith was in that cell block. She's vulnerable. Anyone that may be sick or even exposed should stay away" Hershel warns and Karen clears her throat, "Wait, it killed Patrick?" Karen questions. "Karen, hm— It's best if you quarantine" Jane blurts out and Tyreese furrows his eyebrows starting to get defensive. Sasha, as well as Karen herself calms Tyreese, stating that it is necessary. "David was coughing also" Karen mentions before she leaves to go get checked by Caleb.

~~

Jane and Glenn walk outside to get fresh air when they hear Maggie start yelling. "Rick! Daryl!" Maggie screams and Jane and Glenn pull their attention towards Maggie and see a crowd of walkers all in one spot. Jane and Glenn run over to the chaos and grab weapons off the fence and start killing walkers through the fence. "The noise drew em in and now this parts trying to give!" Maggie shouts over the loud growling walkers and begins killing some to decrease the amount of weight on the fence. Despite the efforts of Glenn, Sasha and even a few others, there are just too many walkers on this fence. "There's too many!" Jane shouts as she kills another walker. "Keep killing!" Rick shouts as Jane wipes the sweat already beaming off her face and continues killing a bunch of walkers.

"Are you guys seeing this?" Sasha asks and everyone takes a break to see what she's talking about and sees a carcasses of several dead rats. "Is someone feeding them?" Jane asks as she covers her mouth because of the horrible smell but is quickly cut off from the fence starting to come down. "It's gonna give! It's gonna give!" Rick screams and everyone rushes to the fence and helps pull it up while Daryl shoots walkers from behind them.

"If this fence keeps bending the walkers are coming over it" Sasha points out as everyone backs away from the fence to catch a breath. Rick, getting an idea on what to do, tells Daryl to get one of the trucks. The two lead the walkers a few meters away and Rick pulls out one of the piglets. He then cuts its femoral artery and leaves it for the walkers to devour. He repeats this several times before the walkers are a safe distance away.

WORD COUNT: 1993

WORD COUNT: 1993