"Yes. You are. Because if you don't, I'm going to kill Jin." Sebastian's voice had hardened and his eyes had narrowed. "If you fight me or alert anyone to this, I'll kill him. Do you really want to be responsible for Jin's death? And I promise you that it won't be quick."

Judging by the look on his face, I could see that Sebastian was serious and there was no way I would be willing to put Jin at risk, or any of my mates for that matter. "Please. Please don't hurt him."

Sebastian smiled, his fingers rubbing my wrist, the feeling of his hand on me sending a shudder racing through me. "I won't. If you cooperate."

Knowing there was no choice, I nodded my head. "Okay. I'll... I'll come with you."

End of Flashback

Pulling myself from my thoughts, I tried not to imagine the sense of betrayal my mates would feel knowing I had willingly followed Sebastian, willingly gone with him. I had to make the decision to save Jin because I knew if I didn't, Sebastian would make good on his promise and kill my best friend, kill one of the seven loves of my life. I just hoped the others would understand, would give me a chance to explain, would forgive me for leaving them.

I don't know why the hybrid sitting next to me had been dragged into this mess, but my heart shattered knowing he didn't deserve this. My only hope was that they would release him unharmed, let him live the life he deserved.

The door clanged open, the metal hitting the wall behind it, sending an earth shattering sound throughout the room. The ears of the hybrid next to me twitched and I knew it was enough to start pulling him out of the darkness he was in, a darkness that I'm sure was better than this.

Sebastian stepped through the door, followed by someone who I absolutely fucking despised. Someone who was responsible for the state of the hybrid next to me. "Aww... Is the little human worried about her injured kitty?" Emery's voice was mocking, condescending as he spoke and I wanted to punch him in his handsome face.

"Touch my kitty again and I will fucking destroy you." I couldn't stop the words from spilling from my lips, the words that I knew could potentially cause problems for both me and the injured hybrid next to me.

Emery stepped close to me, grabbing my chin in his hand. "Oh honey. I don't think you're in any position to threaten anyone." He squeezed me tightly, making me wince, before he released me.

Sebastian stepped in, putting a hand on the panther's shoulder, jerking him away from me, his eyes angry. "Back off." Moving close to me, Sebastian lifted my chin, his hand gentle as he studied me. "You okay?"

Surprised by the softness in his eyes, I stared back for a moment, wondering what happened to the man in the bathroom who had threatened me with hurting Jin. "What... what do you want?"

Sebastian ran a hand over my hair then sighed, the sound coming out frustrated. "I told you. I'm here to get you back. To get you away from these disgusting creatures. You're a human babe. You should be with other humans, not these abominations."

Disgusted by his touch and the words he said, I jerked my head out of his reach. "Don't fucking touch me."

"Really? I'm trying to be nice here, to help you, and you're going to get nasty with me." Sebastian frowned and I could tell I had gone too far, stepped over an invisible line that I didn't see.

A groan from beside had my attention jerking over to the injured hybrid. His eyes fluttered open and when they met mine, I could see the surprise, see the shock in them. "Y/N? What... what happened? Are you alright?" He looked up to see Sebastian standing near me and a growl I've never heard before ripped from his throat, the sound making him sound vicious and terrifying, something I had never once associated with him. "Get the fuck away from her. Don't touch my fucking mate!"