17

tw: fainting, manipulation?, achohol / achohol abuse metion, homophobia (f slur)

"George?" Dream asked
"What happened?" he asked putting his hand on George's shoulder
George remained silent, "i over heard what Maddison was talking about.."
"i'm sorry i didn't know your dad- i wouldn't have kissed you like that if i did. i'm sorry" Dream added

"Please say something" Dream spoke
"what do you want me to say" George spoke turning towards Dream
"that my dad is an asshole? that i was stupid to think that i could have something i actually wanted- that i could just follow my feelings and act on them? that i could stop being a wimp and do something for me and not for everyone else? that my fucking ex- girlfriend is blackmailing me into pretending to date her again? That for a second i thought- i thought i could have you, -that we could be something"

"i cant Dream. i cant have this, i cant just go around and be with who i want cuz i want to." George spoke a tear falling down his face
"this isn't a fairy tale, we don't get a happy ending where everything is perfect. i would love to but- we don't. Just accept it." George spoke, walking away but being stopped by Dreams hand on his arm.

"George." the tears Dream had been forming in his eyes falling, leaving only a puddle under his eyes.

George turned his head to look back at Dream, making eye contact for moments before George continued to go.

Leaving Dream with his eyes red and puffy, heart shattered and without his best friend.

The bell rang, Dream simply ignoring it making his way to his car.

Dream fumbled in his pockets searching for his keys, looking up once he found them to see Sapnap by his car. Dream quickly wiped his tears and stood himself up straighter at the sight of him.

Sapnap looking at Dream for a second, quickly dashing to his friend and giving him a hug. And there it was, the burning in his eyes, the lump in his throat. Tears flooded Dreams eyes, not being able to hold them in, his chest grew heavy as he sobbed. Sapnap holding onto him "it's alright, your gonna be fine" he spoke gently.

Dream buried himself in Sapnaps hoodie, tears rolling down his face as if they were waterfalls.

~

"Sapnap?" Dream spoke
"huh?" Sapnap asked
"you think one day someone will break my heart?" Dream spoke as he sat on the couch, sapnap resting next to him
"maybe, but don't worry about it!" Sapnap smiled
"Why? doesn't heart break hurt? my older sister cried really hard when a boy broke her heart" Dream spoke
"I dunno, probably does. but it'll be alright cuz i'll be right there if you ever do! and you can cry as hard and as long as you need too!" Sapnap giggled
"Promise you'll be there?" Dream asked
"Promise!"
"Boys! it's bed time turn off  and come upstairs" Sapnaps mom yelled
"coming mom!" sapnap spoke
"who ever gets upstairs last is a rotten egg!" Dream laughed running upstairs
"no fair! you had a head start!"

~

Sapnap had driven Dream home, "promise" Sapnap whispered under his breathe as he drove.

"Dream, check under your seat"
Dream looked over to sapnap, his eyes still red and puffy.
"common bro just do it"
Dream rolled his eyes, reaching under his seat. Pulling out a box, 'breakup box' it read.

Dream had a shocked expression "how-?"
Sapnap let out a laugh "open it" he said looking at Dream and the road simultaneously.