4

TW: mention of alcohol abuse, parental divorce

Dream was sitting on his bed doing his homework that he hadn't had time to do earlier today when he heard something hit his window. He got up to look at what caused the noise and saw George outside in the front yard.

"What's up?" Dream yelled quietly out his open window.

"I just really need someone to talk to. '' George reasoned.

His voice had seemed as if he had been crying, shaky and raspy as you could hear the distress in his voice. Dream quickly got up and rushed down stairs to the front door. He let George in, and immediately Dream noticed that George's eyes were red and swollen.

"Are you ok?" Dream asked concerned looking at Georges swollen red eyes, tears still forming in his eyes

'There was silence before George spoke " My mom and Dad are getting a divorce." A lump had formed in his throat, his words coming out in clumps, desperately trying to hold in his tears

"Something about my mom getting sick of him getting wasted every night." A tear slipping down George's face now.

"Oh my god" Dream spoke in disbelief, George had never mentioned his home life too often but what he had spoken about it made his parents seem perfect.

Silence lurked for a second, Dream letting George have time to be able to gather his words. He had only ever seen George like this the times when him and Madison would get into big arguments and she would break up with him.

Still somehow the look in George's eyes was.... hurt "George..?"

"I really thought it was gonna be different this time" George spoke letting in a gasp of air tears flowing down his "i'm so fucking stupid"

Dream went to hug George, at first George stood awkwardly, hesitating. He wasn't really a physical touch kind of guy but he had needed this hug more than anything.

George's eyes started filling with tears not being able to hold them back, quietly sobbing into Dream's arms as Dream held onto him tightly, not letting go until he did first.

"I just didn't know who else to tell.I just had to get out of there. I'm really sorry for bothering you, especially this late"" George spoke as his voice started to crack as his hands trembled.

"its okay George, it's gonna be okay. No need to apologize."

-

"Are you sure you're okay?" Dream asked as stood in the kitchen.

"Yeah.. kinda I don't know if I'm being honest" George spoke as Dream handed him a glass of water.

"You never told me your dad was drinking again, i thought he was sober?" Dream spoke

"Yeah wellI just didn't really feel like bothering you with it, it wasn't too big of a deal. Well at least I didn't think it was" George said slowly

"It's not a bother George, you're my best friend. That's what friends are for."

"Yeah, I guess that's true" george responded

"I mean yeah. I said it and im kinda always right," Dream said in a snarky egotistic joking way.

"Your an idiot" George laughed

"You love me" Dream responded in laugh, glad he was able to get George to laugh

George rolled his eyes at Dream's confidence, however his smile on his face told otherwise.

"Anyways it's late, you wanna go upstairs?" Dream asked