Human or Monster

Chapter 10

A/N: hey y'all! Back for another chapter I see? Anyways, y'all know the drill at this point. I don't own TDP or Star Wars, the OCs of this story belong to Gabeherndon308, and I think that about covers it. Now, on with the story!

"Ez, you should really try to sleep," Callum encouraged as he glanced at his younger brother. Blue eyes looked his way and the boy sat up, his cloak falling open.

"I—I," he sneezed, wiping his nose, "I'm fine."

"You aren't fine, you need rest."

The younger boy gave him a glare, "Trezac's the one who fell in the water."

"And look at him," Callum said motioning to the padawan curled up under his cloak by the fire, "he's resting."

Rather the continuing to argue, Ezran got up, walking over and sitting beside his brother. "What are you...oh," he trailed off seeing the drawing on the pages of the book.

"When you were on the ice, I was so scared. I thought I was going to lose you like we lost her," Callum confessed looking over the drawing of his mother. "But you made it. And now I can't stop thinking, that maybe she was watching over us. If she knew what we were trying to do, she'd be proud. And," a smirk came to the elder prince's face, "she would yell at you to sit closer to the fire and bundle up!"

"I know," the boy whined trudging over and plopping down beside Bait, careful not to wake Trezac or Agir.

"She's beautiful," a new voice spoke and Callum glanced up to see Rayla had returned. "She's your mother?"

"Yeah."

Hearing the tone of his voice, Rayla glanced away trying to find a new road of conversation. "Uh, I found some moonberries," she said, changing the subject. "These should keep us full for a day, this way we don't need to keep wasting Trezac's...ration bars?" More like she didn't want to keep eating the bland things but they didn't need to know that. "And, I found these for you and Trezac," she reached into her pocket and pulled out green berries, "Bogeyberries! Ancient Xadian cure for the common sniffles." She handed Ezran two and the boy opened his mouth to eat them. "Nope, they don't go in your mouth."

"Uh..."

She rolled her eyes, "To cure a stuffy nose, you've gotta stuff 'em up your nose."

"Oh, seems doable."

Glancing behind the brothers, her gaze flickered between the egg and the stupid human that saved it. "How's the egg doin'?"

They all looked towards the egg, whose glow was darker than it'd been before, "I don't think the egg's getting better; it was glowing so brightly before, but now it's dim and flickery."

"It's even dark than when I left," Rayla sighed. "And Trezac?"

"Not sure," Callum answered honestly. "He's been out for a while. But he's not coughing anymore, so I think he's getting better."

"At least there's some good news," Rayla sighed sitting by the fire.

"We need to find help," Ezran spoke.

-.-

"There it is, a town!" Rayla exclaimed in relief as the group trudged over another hill. "I knew I saw smoke. Maybe we can find help."

"Ok, sure. We might find a dragon egg expert, but we will definitely find a bunch of elf-hating humans," Callum reminded.

"No problem," Rayla smirked. Reaching into Ezran's bag, she pulled out his cloak and put it on, covering her horns and pointed ears. "Meet human Rayla!"