Sting of Betrayal

Chapter 23

A/N: hey everyone! Welcome back! Good to see y'all again! So, the Survivors belong to Mandalore the Survivor and Trezac belongs to Gabeherdon308.

Trezac stumbled on deck, rubbing his eyes as the boat swayed gently under his feet. Looking around, he could see Ezran lying on some crates with Bait and Zym, looking bored, as Rayla heaved over the railing, nearly making his own stomach revolt again. Agir, was probably harassing Callum since he'd been sleeping when the other boy came down.

"Ah, yes, the smell of land," Villads sighed.

This garnered everyone's immediate attention. "Where?!" Trezac exclaimed whirling around to look up at the Captain.

"Sweet, sweet land!"

"Whoo-hoo!"

Berto flapped his wings, squawking in annoyance. "Let him finish!"

"The faint, distant smell of land that is."

"There it is," Berto chirped.

Trezac deflated, he'd been hoping they would be closer by this point. He wanted of this karabast cursed ship. "How long?"

"About a full day of sailing ahead until we reach the shore!"

Both elf and padawan gave despondent groans as they leaned against whatever was closest in despair at the thought of another day. Meanwhile, Ezran picked up Zym, "You wanna go count clouds again?"

Zym didn't respond other than a snore.

"Or we could nap," the young prince agreed.

Trezac grimaced as he watched the pair just flop onto the deck and promptly pass out. Seriously, how could anyone fall asleep so fast on this thing? He would be too worried about falling off.

Glancing behind him, the padawan considered going back below deck to rest more. The journey to Xadia was going to be hard and long once they got to shore. He'd need all the strength he could get. But...after sleeping longer than he had in a while, he doubted he could fall asleep again—despite how much he wanted to in order to make time go by faster.

With a sigh, he walked by the synchronized sleepers. Sitting down, he closed his eyes in an attempt to meditate. The Empire was here, the inquisitor was proof of that; he was with Soren and Claudia. Who knows if there were more on the way. If there were soldiers coming to conquer this world, of even if the human lands had already been conquered. Even with their strange powers, Xadia would barely stand a chance; everything they had was just so primitive in comparison.

And that wasn't his only problem, if the inquisitors were coming after him that meant only one thing: he found him. After all the effort Trezac had put into following his master's orders and covering his tracks, he still found him. What did that mean for his master? What about him? He knew his master bad been foolish to go back to that sandtrap if even he was found in uncharted areas of the Outer Rim. And if he was found...

No, now was not the time to worry about those of his past. Jedi rules dictated that attachments were forbidden; he couldn't worry about his master...no matter how much he wanted to miss the man who practically taught him everything he knew.

It was in the past, and that is where he needed to leave it.

Right now, what he needed to do was focus on the task at hand: protecting the people of Xadia and ending this war.

His musings were interrupted by a grunt.

Trezac sighed in defeat, opening his eyes and turning around to see Bait giving Ezran and Zym a pouting look, his wide eyes looking sad. A pang hit him in the gut as he saw his color change to grey, he didn't need the force to know that Bait was feeling lonely. Meeting eyes with the small creature, Trezac tilted his head in his direction and he smiled slightly as the little toad lit up for a moment, happily scampering over into his lap with a small croak.