Discoveries

Chapter 37

A/N: Hey everyone! Welcome back! Remember, I just own a few OCs here and there, Trezac belongs to Gabeherdon308, the Mandalorian Survivors belong to Mandalore the Survivor, and the rest belong to either Disney or Netflix.

"I can't believe you're not considering this!"

"I cannot believe you're listening to humans!"

Asteria sighed, crossing her arms as she leaned against the wall, watching her older sisters argue. She'd given up trying to but in and stop them about an hour ago; when they were like this, it was best to let the two hotheaded Sunfire elves duke it out until they finally burned through their rage. After that, then they could talk through this like civilized people. All she had to do until then was stay out of the way.

"They're not like the other humans!" Janai exclaimed.

"Sooner or later, they'll stab you in the back, Little Sister!"

"How do you know that?!"

"Because all humans are the same!"

Janai growled, her eyes and skin flickering with fire for a moment. "Are you even listening to yourself?! That's like saying all elves are the same!"

Well, Asteria would admit Janai did have a point there. From her studies, she knew that there were currently five human kingdoms. Sure, they didn't know too much about all of them, mostly just the two kingdoms right along the border, Katolis and Duren if she recalled correctly. The Tidebound elves would probably know more about the other kingdoms, their archipelago was the closest to the other three kingdoms...granted that was given a massive ocean between the two ends of the continent around the globe, but still the principle still applied.

The Startouch elf shook her head, she was getting off topic. So, the people that came, some of them wore Katolisian armor. She supposed that made her eldest sister's anger more justifiable. It wasn't a huge secret that Katolis had had a hand in Avazandum's murder, plus there was the extinction of the Magma Titans too, not to mention the old rivalry their people seemed to have with that kingdom in particular. Ok, yeah, she could kinda see where Khessa was coming from now.

But that didn't explain the other people that came with them. The ones in the weird armor. A few of them were human, but still, some of them looked like elves—though she'd never seen an elf with that many horns before. Plus, there was that one woman who was pink. Bright fricking pink. And her hair was azure blue! There was no way she was human.

Though, she could be a hybrid. She had the skin and hair that would look like they came from a Tidebound elf. It wasn't the first time that there'd been human-elf hybrids after all.

"These humans are honorable!"

"Oh, I doubt that sister! This is a trap!"

Janai gave a frustrated shout, throwing her hands in the air, "Do you really think if they wanted us dead they wouldn't merely attack us with their flying ships?!"

Yeah, that was another strong point. When she first saw those things approaching, she'd been scrambling to think of a way to defend the city. As powerful as the Sunforge was, even it was limited in its power. Plus, she doubted the forge could hit multiple targets at once. And there was the fact that flying metal probably wasn't normal, so there was no guarantee that it'd work anyways. So yeah...if they did want to kill them they would've done it already. Plus, Janai was vouching for them.

"Asteria! Help me make our sister see reason!"

And there went her hopes that she'd go unnoticed. How was it she was still a teen and still more mature than her adult sisters?