liii

Another week came and went for the two. Jungkook is busy as ever being at his new job and Taehyung is busy with physical therapy. Not to mention he had a lot of father-son time with his dad who was currently driving him to god knows where but Taehyung was enjoying the drive for sure. "Jungkook has been busy." Taeho brought up which made Taehyung nod. "Which is good. He's working on his new song that's almost done, as he says. Though it's good! He's happy and that makes me happy." Taehyung told his father who couldn't help but smile.

Seeing his son happy was the best thing a father could have. As long as his son was happy, he was happy too. "Where are we going anyway?" Taehyung suddenly asked since they've been driving for some while but Taeho didn't say anything which started to make Taehyung curious. Wasn't curious for long though since Taeho parked just right outside the restaurant where Jungkook was waiting. On his tippy toes when the car pulled in. "What... are you two up to?" Taehyung asked Taeho who shushed Taehyung. "Go on." He shooed Taehyung.

With the door opening from Jungkook, Taehyung looked up at Jungkook who held out his hand. "So... about that date." Jungkook smiled. With a surprised expression, Taehyung chuckled out of disbelief but grabbed Jungkook's hand. "So this is what this is. A date?" Taehyung gasped lightly when Jungkook pulled him out of the vehicle and shut the door. Waiting for Taeho to leave before he kissed Taehyung's neck. "I told you I wanted to take you on a proper date." Jungkook hummed and held Taehyung's waist.

"Since I finished my song, it's also a celebration." Jungkook smiled widely. "You're done?! What?! Can I hear it?!" Taehyung asked excitedly but Jungkook shook his head which made Taehyung frown. "Not yet. You'll hear it of course, just not right now okay?" Jungkook kissed Taehyung's forehead and grabbed his hand once again before leading him into the restaurant. Taehyung had the same pout but he lost that pout after he realized that this wasn't just any restaurant but a dog cafe. "Oh my- oh look at you!" Taehyung crouched down just to pet the corgy that came to him.

"The corgy is stealing my boyfriend." Jungkook scoffed. "Boyfriend?" Taehyung looked up which had Jungkook looking elsewhere. "What did I say?" Jungkook looked confused as Taehyung stood up. "You said boyfriend!" Taehyung stood in front of Jungkook who smiled. "Come on." He again, pulled Taehyung along. Seating themselves, Jungkook looked over at Taehyung who was staring at Jungkook with somewhat a glare. "What?" Jungkook laughed. "What do you mean what? You keep opening your stupid beautiful mouth and then you make me wait."

"What am I making you wait on love?" Jungkook asked Taehyung who wanted to melt in his seat from the name but he didn't as he adjusted himself instead. "First your song and second, I'm just a friend A boy friend." Taehyung rolled his eyes and looked elsewhere. "You're so impatient Kim Taehyung." Jungkook sighed and grabbed Taehyung's hand. "Just wait a little longer okay?" Jungkook kissed Taehyung's hand. "Now, what do you want?" Jungkook grabbed out the menu.

Biting his inner cheek, Taehyung got off his seat just to put his seat next to Jungkook so this time they were next to each other and not in front of each other. "I want what you want." Taehyung rested his chin on Jungkook's shoulder. "You sure?" Jungkook asked and Taehyung nodded at that so Jungkook made the order off the tablets on the table. It was a very cool place. Expensive? Yes, but he had the money and spoiling Taehyung was on his list today.

"This is perfect for people who hate speaking to other people." Taehyung looked at the tablet. A small laugh came from Jungkook. "So... us?" Jungkook looked at Taehyung who chuckled and nodded. "Yes. Us." He kissed Taehyung's forehead which made Taehyung hum in delight. Jungkook was just so... in love with him but it worked out because Taehyung was just so in love with Jungkook too.

"How was I supposed to know you were going to walk in? It was my room." Jungkook argued with Taehyung who was flustered with his chopsticks. They've been eating for a while now but Taehyung suddenly brought up the first time he saw Jungkook, which was... you know, the bedroom. Though Jungkook thought it was no big deal which made Taehyung want to prove to Jungkook that it was in fact a big deal. "Yeah but you could've at least locked the door. You weren't even phased. You stared into my soul." Taehyung scoffed which made Jungkook scoff.

"You stared right into my soul too!" Jungkook brought up and although they were bickering, it was a playful type of bickering which made the moment way more wholesome. Bringing back the memories of them together three years ago was always wholesome. Although it ended awfully, they made their way back to each other. "Okay alright maybe it was a bit embarassing but come on, how would I have known you were gay? A straight guy wouldn't have been phased."

"Unless they were questioning... but either way-" Jungkook stopped talking when Taehyung shoved his dessert into Jungkook's mouth. "Okay, alright, fair. Shut up now." Taehyung huffed and took a fork full of his own cake. Licking the frosting off his lips, Jungkook chewed lightly before he smiled at the natural pout Taehyung seemed to have that evening. "So." Jungkook started off which made Taehyung raise his head and look at Jungkook while taking another fork full of cake.

"We both know I work better when I'm with you. I'm very sure of that but... I don't want to depend on you Taehyung because I realize that if I do that... that's just setting myself up. I don't want to burden you with everything because you too have your own stuff going on. We both have things we need to work on... things we need space for. So I decided to get my own little apartment that Hoseok helped me with. It's a one bedroom and super small but it's more than affordable for me plus... if you're not with me, I'll be with you so it's no problem, again."

Taehyung looked at Jungkook prouldy as he spoke about what was going on. His own little apartment huh? "You're my home Taehyung but I want a home for us. Not now but... in the future. I want us together. I want us together and happy. That's why I'm going to work so hard for what I want with you." Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's hand and caressed it. "I love you. So so much and three years ago I wasn't man enough to tell you this but... you're the love of my life Taehyung. You're the reason I kept fighting... you're the reason I'm here."

The sudden words caught Taehyung off guard as he looked at Jungkook with a shocked expression. "Back then I was holding on by a string that was breaking by the second but when I met you... everything changed. I felt happier, I was happier and I wanna continue being happy because you and I both know how life can suck ass all the time." Jungkook managed to laugh at that along with Taehyung was was holding Jungkook's hand. "But with you by my side... my life sucks a lot less. So... what I've been meaning to ask you."

Breathing in, Jungkook chuckled as he breathed out. "Will you be my boyfriend Taehyung?" Jungkook leaned in and bit his lower lip after he asked Taehyung who had tears threating to fall but he was quick to tilt his head back and stop them from falling as he laughed just to play it off. "... You're a dork." Taehyung looked at Jungkook and let a tear fall. "...And I love you. Thank you for still being here Jungkook. Thank you for not giving in because I don't know what I would do without you. So yes, Jeon Jungkook." Taehyung got up from his seat to bring Jungkook into a kiss.

"I'll be your boyfriend." Taehyung pulled away with a sniffle but he hid his face in the crook of Jungkook's neck from embarrasment. "... Still shy as ever." Jungkook smiled proudly while hugging Taehyung. It was official. Taehyung was his boyfriend. Not a 'fling', not a friend.... his and it felt pretty fucking amazing to finally call Kim Taehyung his boyfriend. His very first boyfriend. "I'm so going to marry you." Jungkook sighed. The blush and widened eyes coming from Taehyung soon after which made Jungkook break into a laugh. "You're such a baby!"

"You just brought up marriage two minutes into our relationship and you expect me not to react to that?!" Taehyung scoffed and held out his hand. "So where's the ring?!" He broke into laughter right away as Jungkook looked shocked but laughed with Taehyung. "And I'm the dork?" Jungkook held Taehyung close. "Yes you're the dork." Taehyung bickered with Jungkook who didn't mind one bit. Bickering with his boyfriend on this perfect night just made everything more perfect than it already was. Sharing laughs with his boyfriend and best friend was the best part of it all though.