xix

Then when nighttime came around, Taehyung and Jungkook were laying in bed together. Softly making out with each other as Jungkook slipped his fingers between Taehyung's fingers and held his hand firmly. Breaking the kiss to kiss Taehyung's neck and pull him closer. A soft hum coming from Taehyung. "God, you're beautiful," Jungkook mumbled as he kissed Taehyung's shoulder. Speaking lowly since they had to be quiet in the room considering Tae's parents.

"Yeah?" Taehyung raised an eyebrow and looked at Jungkook who smirked and nodded before stealing another kiss from Taehyung who had no problem kissing Jungkook. "Yeah," Jungkook said between the kisses. This time Jungkook picked up the covers just to hover above Taehyung who broke into a fit of giggles but stopped himself with Jungkook's lips pressing against his. Pinning Taehyung's hand above his head but as he did so, he noticed the bracelet around Taehyung's wrist which made him curious.

Pulling away from the kiss, Jungkook hummed and looked at the bracelet. Taehyung noticing what Jungkook was looking at as he felt up his bracelet. "Jia gave it to me as a gift. Friendship." Taehyung told Jungkook who then looked at Taehyung. "The bracelet is a friendship bracelet?" Jungkook asked with an eyebrow raised as Taehyung then nodded but shrugged. "I mean... yeah? I think so? I'm pretty sure it is. I'm not allowed to take it off though."

A scoff came from Jungkook as he tried to take it off but Taehyung grabbed Jungkook's hands and stopped him. "You better don't-" Taehyung held Jungkook's hand and that made Jungkook smile widely from the words that came out of Taehyung's mouth. "I better don't huh?" Jungkook laughed a bit more and Taehyung flicked off Jungkook's hand from his wrist. "Keeping this bracelet on is the least I could do." Taehyung suddenly spoke which honestly was a thought that he spoke but still, it was the least he could do right?

"... Is this about us?" Jungkook asked as he then pushed himself off Taehyung just to sit in front of the boy who was already getting up in a sitting position. "I mean... she's my best friend Jungkook. I've lied to her countless times about where I was, who I was with." Taehyung explained and Jungkook nodded at that. "And she's my sister," Jungkook added on. Clearing his throat, Taehyung nodded. "Yeah... that too." He mumbled and Jungkook sighed as he looked at Taehyung. Not sure what to say about their situation but then again they both never knew what to say although they had a lot to say in their head.

"I'm happy she has you." Jungkook changed the subject quickly with other things he wanted to tell Taehyung. "When I left, you came into her life so I'm extremely thankful for that." Jungkook smiled at Taehyung who shook his head. "A few years later I did, but yeah. I had no choice really, she chose me as her victim the moment I walked into class." Taehyung sighed dramatically which made Jungkook smile widely, a small chuckle breaking through. "She can be a lot, but so can you so it was just meant to be huh?"

Although he felt insulted by being called too much, Jungkook wasn't wrong. Jia made Taehyung's life so much easier than he thought it was going to be. Being the new kid was always nerve-wracking and Jia made him feel comfortable and at home the first day he came to Seoul. So he too was thankful for Jia. "... So what about us?" Taehyung spoke up but it was on his mind for some while now. What he didn't expect was Jungkook to ignore his question. Or well- Jungkook wasn't ignoring the question... he just didn't know what to say.

"Or... was this just a thing." Taehyung broke the silence and that's when Jungkook looked up to Taehyung. "Wow... okay..." Taehyung bit his lip but smiled through the ache in his heart. "It's... complicated but I like what we have. If we just keep what we have now it'll save us both the heartbreak when this ends." Jungkook spoke without thinking out what he was saying which only hurt Taehyung more since he very well fell hard for Jungkook already. "Right... yeah."