xvliii

Walking into his father's house, Taehyung made his way to the living room but stopped when his father was standing in front of him. "The couch is not a bed. Bedrest means you need to be in bed Kim Taehyung." Taeho gave off his father tone which made Taehyung look at Taeho weirdly. Being told what to do by his dad while being a full on adult made him forget how controlling they used to be but that was before, Taeho was just simply being a dad now which Taehyung understood as he turned his foot and huffed while going up the stairs.

Jungkook followed in shortly after since he had to grab the bags and all while Taeho unlocked the door. "How are you only half way up the stairs?" Jungkook asked Taehyung who stopped in his tracks to see Jungkook setting down the luggage. "My dad banned me from the couch so I'm pouting now. Let my inner child live." Taehyung said as he slowly stepped onto the other step. A roll of his eyes came from Taeho. "I'll make you two some supper. Go help my child please." Taeho looked at Jungkook with a sigh. "Will do." Jungkook chuckled and followed up the stairs.

At the top of the stairs, Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's waist. "You're such a big baby." Jungkook kissed Taehyung's shoulder once he was on the same level at Taehyung. "Okay and? After three years I deserve to be a babied." Taehyung turned to Jungkook who agreed with a small nod. "Does baby taetae need a nap?" Jungkook said in a baby tone which made Taehyung walk off. "You said you needed to be babied!" Jungkook held back his laughter while following Taehyung into his room which made them both stop walking as they saw everything was the same.

Although Taehyung did sleep over with his father, he slept on the couch and didn't once come near his room. Not sure why he didn't go into his room but now that he was seeing it... it amazed him how they left it the same. Although it was a lot cleaner than how he left it. "... Wow, deja vu." Jungkook scratched his head and Taehyung walked into the room to look around. "He left everything the same. It looks like I never left, or the old me never left." Taehyung grabbed out a few things he forgot about and took a look at them.

Then as he was looking through a box, Taehyung found one picture that made him still for a moment as the rush of memories came into mind. It was the picture Jungkook took of them in the back of Jungkook's vehicle. They were eating subway and just overall having a good time. Although Taehyung barely made it in the photo, you could see the smiles they had. They really did have nothing but smiles when they were together huh? "What's that?" Jungkook asked while walking over.

Taehyung showed Jungkook the picture and that made Jungkook stop and grab the photo. A small smile making its way onto Jungkook's lips. "We looked happy." Jungkook mumbled as he kept his eyes on the photo. Meanwhile Taehyung looked through the box and eventually he started pulling out old photos of them together. "We- correction, you took a lot of photos." Taehyung sat on the bed with the box he set in front of him along with the photos. "Could you blame me? I had to catch Kim Taehyung in his prime." Jungkook sat on the bed.

"In my prime? Are you calling me old?" Taehyung looked at Jungkook with an offended expression. "Kind of." Jungkook teased which made Taehyung raise an eyebrow. "Okay grandpa." He rolled his eyes and grabbed the pictures but Jungkook grabbed them from Taehyung, set them aside and got Taehyung to lay down slowly and carefully since he had to watch his arm. Hovering above Taehyung, Jungkook locked eyes with the boy below him.

Humming, Jungkook grabbed Taehyung's good hand and intertwined their fingers. Holding one of his hands, Jungkook lowered his body and was now basically laying on top of Taehyung but in a comfortable position. His free hand hugging Taehyung as his head rested on Taehyung's chest. "My big baby gukkie." Taehyung chuckled and gave Jungkook's hand a squeeze. Not phased by Taehyung's wording, Jungkook closed his eyes and enjoyed being 'a big baby' to Taehyung.