xxxiv

Taehyung walked beside Jia who was watching her son and her brother walk side by side holding hands up ahead. Jia had to get going since she had a job interview and Jungwon had daycare to attend while she did that. So Taehyung offered to walk with Jia just to have more time spent with her. They talked a lot about the past, everything that went down and how it all came to be right now. Now listen, Taehyung knows very well Jia did him wrong and he was pissed about it but... it wasn't worth losing Jia as a friend. She fucked up, she knows that but Taehyung learned to forgive and forget.

Life isn't perfect at all, anyone with common sense knows that and in order to move forward, you have to let go of the past, right? Or well, that's how Taehyung thinks at least and with that mindset, he was able to move on. Moving to Ilsan was different and he was so sad... so fucking sad and he hated feeling sorry for himself, for hating these people he knew he loved to death. He may have not been around them anymore but forgiving them for what happened was the best path Taehyung could choose for himself and it was the best decision.

Jia was surprised too since she didn't think Taehyung would accept her apology but even if he didn't, she needed to let Taehyung know she was sorry. Even more surprised to find out that Taehyung had this whole new life... and was able to forgive not only her but Jungkook. Still, she doesn't know the whole story and that's partly because she didn't want to bring it up and ask when Taehyung was happily in a relationship with Sungjae. They talked about everything they could talk about.

Taehyung also found out that his mother and father have been having difficulties as Jia would put it. She visited them once for Thanksgiving and everything was different. The atmosphere was sad... everything was just... sad? She didn't know how to explain it but it was different. Taehyung's dad was dull and quiet while his mother was mouthy as ever but she didn't seem to care what she was saying anymore. "You know, your dad misses you." Jia looked at Taehyung who was making sure he didn't step on the lines of the sidewalk just for fun.

"My dad?" Taehyung looked at Jia for a second. "Yeah. Your dad. You said he accepted you right? I can tell he misses you. He isn't the same. Your mom on the other hand? No offense but she's gotten more bitchy." Jia hissed while Taehyung scoffed but began to laugh a bit. "I never thought my mom could ever get more bitchy than she already is." Taehyung added on as he looked forward and kept with his speed. Jia sighing, she looked at Taehyung. "Do you plan to visit them?" She asked which made Taehyung go quiet for some time.

Jia bit her lip and sighed. "I get it. I mean, I don't but... it's a hard decision right?" She stopped when they were in front of Jungwon's daycare. "I'll take him in." Jungkook offered to leave to two to talk. Jia nodded and gave a quick kiss to Jungwon along with the bag to Jungkook before she turned back to Taehyung who was watching Jungkook walk into the building. "I was able to forgive you both. Jungkook for leaving... and you for, you know." Taehyung cleared his throat. "But every time I went back to trying to convince myself to forgive my mother... I couldn't."

Taehyung bit the inner side of his cheek. He hasn't thought of this in a long while. "I get why Jungkook left and I got why you gave my mom those pictures. You were mad and I get it-" Jia shook her head. "But it wasn't right. I was wrong to do that-" She stopped when Taehyung smiled and nodded. "You were but it was forgivable because I went behind your back. What I'm saying is, I was able to forgive you both because I get why you would do so." Taehyung huffed out and carried on, "But my mom. The woman who birthed and raised me."

Licking his lips, Taehyung started to laugh a bit while rubbing the back of his head. "I don't get her. Sure I like boys... but that's my preference. My life and... she just.." Taehyung couldn't find the words to finish what he was trying to say. "I just can't forgive her. I... don't want to forgive her." Taehyung came out with it. Jia looked at Taehyung before cupping his cheeks. "And that is totally okay. You are your own person and you get to decide who you want in your life. Just... don't block out your dad when it's your mom who you can't forgive."

Taehyung managed to smile just a bit even though his lips were slightly squished from Jia squishing his cheeks together. Lightly slapping the skin, Jia let her hands drop. "She's not wrong." Jungkook suddenly added on after walking down the stairs and stopping by the two. "Oh yeah? and how about you hm?" Taehyung added on with an eyebrow raise. Jungkook quick to scoff. "What about me? I'm living my best life without my so-called parents. They can eat shit for all I care." Jungkook said with no expression. Jia opened her mouth but closed it.

"My dad is the main problem but that doesn't mean my mom isn't either. She had a choice to come find me or do anything parent like but she followed after my father. They both acted like I was nobody. I tried fixing our relationship three years ago and look where that got me." Jungkook came out with it too which he didn't expect either but the mention of parents was just... very triggering for him. "... Sorry." Jungkook cleared his throat. "Anyway, you should talk to your dad before you leave here."

Taehyung turned to Jungkook and hummed. "... Noted." he smiled at Jungkook who smiled back but quickly looked over to Jia. "And you, you have an interview to get to so get to walking." Jungkook clapped his hands together before he started to walk. Making the two giggle slightly, Jia started to walk with Jungkook who sparked up a conversation. While Taehyung walked aside the two, he was in his head while they spoke. Meeting his dad doesn't sound so bad. If anything he would be glad to see his dad.

"I should go." Taehyung stopped walking with the two. Jia stopped too along with Jungkook who turned to Taehyung. "... Okay," Jungkook responded as he then grabbed Jia's wrist since he knew she would probably try to stop Taehyung. "Yeah... okay." Taehyung gulped as he started to walk backward. As he did so, he quickly turned around and started to wave down a cab. Before he could convince himself that he didn't need to see his dad, Taehyung got into the cab and prepared himself for this.

"Where's he going?" Jia looked at Jungkook who was watching the cab take off. "To have a relationship with his father I'm hoping," Jungkook said as he then continued walking with Jia. "You still love him don't you?" She scoffed after her words which made Jungkook choke up what he was trying to say and that was 'no' but clearly that didn't happen. "Jia." Jungkook looked at Jia seriously. "Jungkook." Jia did the same which made Jungkook smile but roll his eyes as he looked away. "It's pretty obvious." She continued. "Oh yeah?" Jungkook sighed.

"Yeah. The way you look at him is kind of gross." Jia teased while Jungkook clicked his tongue. "Okay and how do I look at him?" He was genuinely asked. "Like he's the only person in the world. With big heart eyes and your heart thumping out of your chest like a cartoon character." She looked at Jungkook with a smile. The boy scoffed at the information. "Oh shut up. You couldn't notice that back then but now you can? You're pretty late on this."

"To be fair I was too hooked up on my baby daddy to care about your love life back then." Jia sighed. "Which sucks. Because if I did notice sooner, maybe this wouldn't have happened." She said quietly but loud enough for Jungkook to hear. "And how would it be different?" Jungkook asked. Shrugging, Jia looked at Jungkook. "A lot would be different." She sighed. "But really Jungkook. Do you?" She asked once more and all Jungkook did was shrug.

It took a minute for Jungkook to talk. "Does it matter? Taehyung's in a relationship. What we had is... a memory now. Three years ago Jia, things change." Jungkook looked at the building as he then stopped and looked at his little sister. "Alright... if you say so Jungkook." She smiled before tippy-toeing just so she could hug Jungkook. "I'll call you." She pulled away and Jungkook nodded as he let go of Jia and huffed once she left him. So... what now?