Chapter 08: Thunder

The papers say it's doomsday
The button has been pressed
We're gonna nuke each other up, boys
'Til old Satan stands impressed

As the World Caves In

"Welcome back." You greet Natsu and the others while looking straight at them. They sweatdropped at how you looked like you didn't care at all, but were appreciative that you still greeted them.

"Thanks, (Y/N)!" Natsu exclaims before taking a glimpse at the guild, and what he discovers makes his smile drop. "Huh..." He murmurs.

"What's with you, Natsu?" Gray asks the fire dragon slayer who looked bored out of his mind. He even had his scarf covering his face for whatever reason.

"Lu-chan, welcome back!" Levy greets Lucy, waving her hand sideways cheerfully.

"Oh, Levy-chan!" The blonde girl exclaims and you figured Levy was going to tour them in the new guild.

"Have fun touring the guild." You tell them and ruffle Natsu's hair before going to the second floor to sit there and relax.

After a while, you hear screaming from downstairs and figure that Master is finally introducing Gajeel as a new member of the guild. You met him already as Master introduced him to a few members before.

You and Gajeel only exchanged nods to acknowledge each other's presence, as you shrug up the feeling of a few pairs of eyes eyeing the both of you.

You talked to Juvia a while ago since she seemed sweet, but when you approached her, the blue-haired girl got hostile and called you her romantic rival. It was probably related to Gray and you didn't want to deal with that kind of drama, so you just took off.

The strumming of a guitar from downstairs fills your ears, making you look down from the railing.

Mirajane was on the stage ready to sing. And as she opens her mouth, a melodious voice starts filling your eyes. She possessed a really nice voice, making you begin relaxing on the small couch you were sitting on.

There was suddenly an impulse to smile, although you try your best to hold it back in an attempt to keep your "most emotionless" title intact.

You start remembering that a few days ago, you told yourself there was a need for a mask. Maybe it was finally time to buy one?

You wait for Mira to finish singing, and as soon as she does, a familiar spiky-haired boy comes into view. The dragon slayer, Gajeel, was wearing a proper all-white suit.

You just gape at him, almost not wanting to believe what you were seeing. And you thought he was a serious man.

He begins singing and you take that as your cue to leave. Oh no, your guild mates' poor eardrums. You start hearing dishes and various food being thrown around as soon as you step out of the guild, making you shake your head.