Chapter 04: Light

Now you're not alone
Don't feel lonely anymore
Morning will come again
So you can peacefully smile

Lights Out

Mystogan must've jinxed the "if anything bad happens" because now you're trembling inside his arms

Mystogan must've jinxed the "if anything bad happens" because now you're trembling inside his arms. You didn't anticipate being coddled inside a stranger's arms early this morning.

You thought you were going to just do a simple job, get it over with, then come home to the guild. Oh, how wrong you were.

Remember how much you detested even showing the simplest emotions that even Team Natsu made up a challenge to make you show them? Gone is that (Y/N). You're just a vulnerable person now.

"I'm sorry for keeping us like this, Mystogan-san." You apologize to Mystogan as guilt fills you, you were the one who asked to come with him but now you're holding him back.

Mystogan would've felt frustrated. He disliked being held back, but for some reason, he didn't want to leave nor move until he was sure you were feeling well.

"It's okay," He pats your back down. "Let me know if you need anything."

You absolutely needed this to end! You felt wildly embarrassed, being coddled up as if you were a big baby. Even him just being all up in your personal space is taking it too far with your comfort zone.

Your eyes close in disdain, "I think I'm okay now."

He moves back from you, making you have your beloved personal space again. You sigh and regrets quickly fill your mind. Maybe you shouldn't have asked to come after all.

"Thank you, we need to keep going." You tell Mystogan, wanting to get everything over with. Maybe you won't ever show yourself to him anymore. It's just by chance that you met outside the guild and you're sure it wasn't going to happen again.

"Let's go," Mystogan states and you follow behind him. He then teleports the both of you to the next Phantom Lord subdivision.

You didn't have any trouble with the Phantom Lord members, except for a few almost escaping and all.

But of course, you both took special measures to make sure no one escaped. Can't have them tell the others that a couple (of friends) were going around defeating each of their subdivisions.

Mystogan, oddly, always removed the flags and took them with him. You didn't question it though, maybe he needed them for some memorials or something, which was weird—but acceptable by your standards.

Of course, you know Fairy Tail is busy in battle. You couldn't help but feel concerned, thinking about Natsu and the others from time to time. Although you knew a mere guild won't stop them from doing what they think is right, which is not giving Lucy up.

A smile creeps up at the thought, then you remembered Mystogan was beside you, and would probably think you're nuts if you smile whimsically.

You both finally finished wiping out all of the subdivisions. He teleported the both of you to a secluded place in the forest which you recognize as Porlyusica's place. You wonder if he was wounded.