Chapter 05: Friends

It takes someone to come around
To show you how
She's the tear in my heart
I'm alive

Tear In My Heart

Mystogan and you arrive just in time

Mystogan and you arrive just in time. Fairy Tail has already defeated Phantom Lord making the both of you sigh in relief.

The guild, fortunately, overcame all the hurdles it faced. To say you were proud was an understatement, although you'd never say that. You were too hardheaded to admit you had emotions and the guild members probably already know you deeply care for them.

Your eyes travel to the people in front of the guild and they stopped to stare at Lucy who was staring at the guild in shambles.

"I'm going," Mystogan states, causing you to look at him, not expecting him to leave so quickly. He didn't want to show himself in front of the guild members though and you understood that.

"Uh, okay," You tell him, debating whether to say thank you or not. But then he did comfort you a while ago so... might as well thank him again for that.

"Thank you, Mystogan-san." You continue.

Mystogan nods and teleports away, going somewhere you didn't know, although you wished you did. You also imagined him smiling at you behind his mask, but that was simply impossible. He doesn't even consider you as a friend.

You wonder if he's ever spent the whole day with anyone else as he did with you.

He was so mysterious that you wanted to squeeze yourself into his life, but you figure out that'd be too much work and you're not even used to making friends. Mystogan would probably think you were weird.

"They've really made a big mess now," Master sadly states as he was staring at the guild. You couldn't help but feel sad at how the guild turned out, but you know Fairy Tail won't be affected by this. Lucy though...

"Master..." Lucy cries out sadly.

Master turns over to look at her. "You've really had a tough time, I know," He says, feeling sympathetic. Lucy bows her head, guilt most likely still filling her.

"Don't give us that face, Lu-chan!" A familiar voice says. The guild members turn to look at the owner of the said voice and saw Levy with Jet, Droy, and Reedus trailing behind her.

"We're back!" She announces happily and winks.

Lucy screeches Levy's name, surprised that she was able to return so quickly after being attacked.

"Everyone worked together to beat them!" Levy proudly declares and you nod your head in agreement, even though no one could see you in the small corner you were hiding in. It was where Mystogan left you and you couldn't be bothered to leave.