Chapter 03: Phantom

One word from you and I would
Jump off of this ledge I'm on, baby
Tell me "don't" so I can crawl back in

First Love / Late Spring

Breezy winds slap your skin as you stroll farther into Hargeon

Breezy winds slap your skin as you stroll farther into Hargeon. You had just gotten back from a relatively easy job you took to add to the payment for your rent as it was due soon.

Add the desire to go home immediately and there was the reason for taking an easy job.

The smell was lovely, you notice while wandering around the city. This being your first time in Hargeon, you hope to be able to explore it properly before leaving.

A good restaurant catches your eye and you suddenly feel hungry. You were about to enter, but halted when you saw a familiar man - Mystogan.

Gulping as his mere presence made you feel nervous, you can't help but wonder what he's doing to you. Is this a spell? It couldn't be. But then again, it was too impossible for you to catch feelings for someone whom you just met once.

Was it curiosity? Surely it was. He was too mysterious and that just made you want to know him more.

You badly want to approach him and ask him to dine or hang out with you, but he doesn't seem the type to do things like hanging out with friends. He seems like he is in a rush to go, but you're certain that he saw you.

You just know because you felt his wandering eyes looking at you and averting soon after. That kind of hurt. It didn't even seem like he was interested in you. But then again, he probably wasn't.

While on Mystogan's side, he was wondering whether you already know that your guild has been attacked. But you looked so nonchalant that he just came to terms that you haven't gone to the guild yet.

He didn't know why, but there was something that was magnetizing him to you. He badly wants to approach you but is debating on it.

"Mystogan-san, is it?" Just imagine his surprise when he heard your voice from the back. He was just contemplating on approaching you and there you were, presenting yourself to him.

One time he was just resting on the second floor and he accidentally heard from the guild members that you were "emotionless" and not that friendly, but still, here you were, talking to him.

He turns back to look at the source of the voice. Now he knows why he seems interested in you. It was because you both gave off the same aura.

"Yeah," Mystogan responds and you note that his voice was attractive and fit for a mysterious man like him. "Your name's (Y/N)."

Well, apparently, he knows who you are. He even seemed familiar with your voice and you wonder if he memorized it in that short time you met on the guild.

"Just wanted to say hi, uh, anyway—" You seemed normal on the outside, not doing anything to drop your facade, but on the inside, you were panicking so bad that you were worried about fainting in front of him.