Chapter 07: Sunsets

Have I known you 20 seconds or 20 years?
Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close forever and ever?

Lover

You couldn't believe it

Mystogan showed his face to you! And for what? You wanted to question his choices so badly, but he hasn't appeared nor tried to show himself to you ever since then.

And the audacity to just suddenly appear when you called out his name? That was really strange, by the way.

Was it just pure coincidence, or was he stalking you? The latter... seemed creepy but somehow it tugged something in your heart. Are you going crazy?

"Is he okay?" You ask Lucy as Natsu was sleeping soundly, his loud snores filling the quiet room.

You immediately went after them after you heard that they fought Erza's childhood friends in a tower she was stuck in a few years ago.

It was a bit of a burden, having to go through the trouble of traveling even after you refused to go with them. It's fine though, as you were a bit worried about Natsu.

"Yeah, is he going to be okay?" Gray asks as well.

Seated on some chairs beside the bed, all of you were looking at Natsu with concern on your faces, while the salmon-haired guy was just sleeping soundly on the bed.

"Seriously, he's been asleep for three days straight now," Lucy complains, but you know Natsu's situation is making her quite uneasy.

Honestly, you too, but you didn't want them to notice. Though going through the trouble of going here was proof enough...

"He's a real freak, eating Etherion like that," Gray states, and you nod. It must have done a lot to his body that he hasn't woken up for three days.

You thought he was going to wake up after a day, but you were proven wrong when you went back to visit and he was still sleeping.

"What did you just call me, Gray?" Natsu suddenly sits up, startling most of you.

Happy flies up to him, exclaiming "He's awake!" just for Natsu to go back to sleep again. "He's sleeping!"

"Don't wake up if you don't want to pick a fight!" The hot-headed ice mage complains. Lucy laughs at their antics.

The bunch has always been hard to control, but you find it amusing when they fight. Their petty arguments even make you want to laugh out loud, except you control it.

Erza smiles with contentment and says, "I caused you all much trouble during this latest incident." She probably felt guilty, after all, it was her childhood friends that caused this ruckus.

Lucy faces her and explains that she's said that so many times already and you could only nod, agreeing. There's no point in apologizing. What's done is done.