Chapter 02: Changeling

We couldn't turn around
'Til were upside down
I'll be the bad guy now
But no, I ain't too proud

Circles

A lot of things have happened

A lot of things have happened. Erza getting kidnapped and Natsu going berserk so they spent a night in prison, the salmon-haired man as always breaking the rules and stealing an S-class quest, of course, you didn't bother coming to get them.

Gray volunteered to follow and Erza did the same soon after. You just wanted to rest in the guild so you let them do their own thing. That's Team Natsu after all.

Feeling Team Natsu's aura outside the guild, you look at the door, waiting for it to open.

Erza immediately asks if Master is in the guild and Macao says that he's somewhere doing some sort of council meeting. Natsu, Gray, along with Happy says some crap about not having to worry about "it" since Master is not in the guild. What should you even do with these hard-headed people?

The red-haired woman, of course, got mad at the stuff those four were saying and proceeded to shout at them about punishing them or some sort. You stopped listening long before as you didn't really care.

You just rested your head sideways on the table with your arms supporting them and looked at them with stoic eyes.

"You're back too, Lucy?!" Loke exclaims. You slowly raise your head and realize that you've fallen asleep. Your eyes land to Natsu fumbling with something and you realize that he's holding a job flyer.

Loke tries to run away, but bumps into Erza and faints. How pathetic. You approach his lying body and set him on a table not too far from you.

"Please decipher the meaning of this writing. Solve it, and I'll pay you 500,000 yen." Natsu states, reading from the job flyer. The amount of money catches your attention and you join him, wanting to see what the deal is with the job.

You're in need of money anyways, so you thought why not, right?

They set the flyer down at a table. Natsu reads the unknown words from the flyer as you were approaching them, "Ugo deru rasuchi boro kania..."

"What could that possibly mean?" You ask in curiosity and suddenly rainbow light obstructs your view. It seems that it came from the flyer.

The light surrounds you all, making all of you close your eyes. You tried opening them, but couldn't see anything as it was too bright.

Unexpectedly, you felt coldness surround your body and you wrap your arms around you, trying to make it warm.

Elfman sees you and asks, "How can an ice wizard be cold?"

Then it hits you. You look at your hands to try and confirm your suspicions and you were proven right when you didn't see gloves covering your hands.

"I feel heavy!" An all too familiar voice says - yours. Oh, for Mavis' sake. You glance to your right to see your body.