Chapter 16: A Battle for Petalburg Gym!

Start from the beginning

"Well, even if you outnumber me, you don't match me in strength."

"We'll see about that! Mudkip, Water Pulse!"

"Treecko, Bullet Seed!"

"Torchic, Ember!"

Each Pokemon released their move, a bunch of seeds spraying from Treecko's mouth, Torchic firing its flaming coals at Zangoose, and an especially strong Water Pulse came Zangoose's way. The admin was so confident in the attacks doing nothing, that he just let Zangoose take the hit. But, the three attacks combined significantly weakened the Zangoose, the Pokemon screaming out in pain and taking one knee. The admin's face turned to shock very quickly, and then to anger.

"Alright then, Slash on that brat!"

Zangoose immediately knew who its trainer was referring to, and rushed over to where Mudkip, Ralts and Ellie stood. Ralts stepped in front of Ellie, psychic energy poised around its hands, and held Zangoose in place. The Normal type kicked and flailed to be free, but Ralts was keeping a tight hold of its power. Lucas and Harry then commanded,

"Zorua, Fury Swipes!"

"Poochyena, Bite!"

The two Dark types rushed in towards Zangoose, with Zorua taking the first swipe at Zangoose. The claws ripped and tore through Zangoose's fur, white fur getting stuck on Zorua's claws as it frantically swiped. Zangoose tried to counterattack, but Ralts head it firmly in place, and then came Poochyena. It bit down hard on Zangoose's hand, not letting go even when Ralts control dropped and Zangoose tried to counterattack. Then, when Zorua and Poochyena had been knocked off, Mudkip had been charging a Water Pulse discretely.

"Release, now!"

Mudkip fired Water Pulse at Zangoose, and the Normal-type attempted to move out of the way. But, its injuries were too much to bear, and it took a knee on the wooden floor. The sphere collided directly with Zangoose's head, sending it flying into a drill, and its trainer looked utterly shellshocked. He snarled at Ellie, who was smugly smiling at the man and shouted,

"So what was that about strength?"

The man clenched his teeth together, returning Zangoose to its Pokeball and reaching into his pocket. But, a shout from behind caught his attention.

"Boss, we got them!"

The trio of young trainers were unsure of what they meant initially, but they soon found out as they saw a bag filled with Pokeballs. One of the thieves threw the bag up and over the drill, the admin gripping the bag and tossing it into a hatch in the drill. The thieves climbed on and the admin said,

"Well, its been fun, but I must go now. The gym leader's Pokemon will go for a lot on the black market, and there's a sale going on tonight."

The three trainers were left stunned as the grunts and admin dipped back into the interior of the drill. Mudkip refused to give up, firing Water Pulse after Water Pulse at the drill, but it hardly made a dent in the sleek metal drill. The drill then whirred up again, and dropped back down the hole again. Zorua almost dived into the hole again to chase after them, but stopped at the last second, not letting its emotions get the best of it. The three trainers were now just stood, until Ellie quickly ran into the back room, with Lucas and Harry following closely behind. They took exactly the same route that the grunts took through the building, and reached the 'Gym Pokemon' room.

Ellie opened the door and found a complete mess of a room, with Seijo and his Crobat both trapped under the same purple net that had been used by the previous grunts. Seijo looked at them, and asked,

"Can you free Crobat first?"

Ellie nodded and pressed a button on the net, the encasement around Crobat instantly closing and being reduced to nothing more than a remote with a couple of buttons. Lucas watched the button that Ellie had used and pressed the same one for Seijo. The gym leader was now free to move again and immediately sprinted back into the main battlefield. He was hoping to find his Pokemon still there, or that Ellie, Lucas and Harry had managed to free them from those thieves. But, all he found was an empty hole, and nothing much else.