~ 16 ~

“Aurora, you alright?” Billy Black, and Harry Clearwater were watching over the girl, while Sue took Charlie shopping for some things he might need to take care of her. Seth, Leah, sat quiet on the opposite couch, while Jacob was basically cuddled up into her side.

“I’m good, Uncle Billy!” Aurora smiled, she was feeling better, still tired and a little hot but she was feeling fine again.

“She has a minor fever,” Jacob added, ignoring the nudge Aurora gave him for calling her out.

“Well I hope you get better.” Billy was concerned, the girl sure was full of problems, medically wise anyways.

They all kinda sat in silence, Leah with her arms crossed and an annoyed look plastered over her face. She didn’t know why she had to be here, she could’ve been anywhere else, but her mother dragged her to be here so she could meet Charlie's adoptive daughter, Aurora. She’ll admit it, she was a little envious with how appealing the girl looked, and the attention she attracted, and she kinda wished she was that small and petite, maybe then Sam would’ve stayed, but she felt guilty for thinking that way. Aurora hadn’t done or said anything to upset her, yet, but her older sister, Bella, hoped the girl would rot.

“Me too, Papa promised to take me to the reservation so I can play in the water.” She smiled, already feeling a little dazed but she ignored it to talk with the new people around her, it’ll be rude if she just fell asleep now without introducing herself.

“Well this is my friend Harry Clearwater and his two children, Leah and Seth.” Billy pointed to the three of them, Harry staring and observing Aurora. The girl had something different about her, he was sure Billy could sense it also. She didn’t feel human, she felt too different from the average human and he didn’t know what it was.

“Hi Harry, Leah, and Seth.” Aurora yawned, “I’m Aurora,” She smiled brightly, “Aurora Swan.” She sounded quite proud to call herself a Swan and Harry chuckled, Charlie sure did pick a little Angel this time that's for sure.

“Nice to meet you Aurora.” Harry cooed, already being enamored by her cuteness. He glanced at his children to see them quiet and staring, they just needed a little help getting back to reality.

“Seth, Leah.” Harry nudged Seth hard enough so that Leah was also pushed a little, snapping them both from their stupor.

“O-oh! Yeah nice to meet you!” Seth dreamly signed, he thought he was in love. The beauty in front of him snatched his breath away, he had never seen someone so pretty in his life and he couldn’t help the blush that spread on his cheeks when Aurora smiled at him.

“Nice to meet you.” Leah nodded, she could deal with her, the girl didn’t seem like a problem to her, and she seemed a lot better than Bella was. It was a shame that everyone preferred the new daughter over the old one, she wished to see Bella’s face again just so she can rub it in her face, the stuck up girl needed a wake up call that the world didn’t revolve around her like she thought it did.

“I’ll be happy to show you around when you get better!” Seth perked up, Jacob had to stop himself from growling at the younger boy. This was what he was trying to avoid, other guys getting interested in what was his. No one liked Bella which made it easy to keep her attention on him, but everyone seemed to like Aurora.

“Jacob already promised to show me around.” She frowned, “I’m sorry.” She hated the way Seth’s face dropped, but Jacob smiled, he was glad the girl was a little weary of newcomers, and already had so much trust in him. But it was only a matter of time before she got comfortable with other guys that he would start to lose her attention.

“Oh okay.” Seth ignored the glare Jacob gave him and Leah couldn’t help but huff at Jacob. What was with him and Charlie kids? And the audacity he had to side eye her brother for being nice to the girl.

“But I wish to be friends.” Aurora was quick to add after a few seconds of silence, “once Papa says I’m better, we can play in the water together.” She snuggled into the covers dreamily, she really wanted to go to the beach and it showed.

“Yeah!” Seth perked up, Leah had to stop herself from groaning out loud, she was surrounded by simps.

“Leah.” Harry mumbled, “talk to her.” He really wanted Leah to have some female friends, Aurora was a good girl. She'll break through Leah’s ice wall soon enough if she keeps acting this cute and endearing.

“Um,” She mumbled, “I guess I’ll hang out with you also.” She almost gagged, she wasn’t this bad, but that break up really messed her up.

“Like a girls night?” Aurora beamed, “I never had a sleepover before.” The girl seemed to glow, or maybe it was just the afternoon sun shining brightly onto her face.

She looked quite content and couldn’t wait until she got better to hang out with her new friends, she never felt like this before. The things she could never do before, she’s doing now and that did nothing but make her happy, this was what she wished about whenever her mother would demand she pray, this is what she dreamed about. Praying to Lucifer really did change her life around for the better and she didn’t know how to feel about that, she went her entire life believing that god was the one she should praise but he didn’t do anything for her, maybe because he knew she was already a sinner, a worshiper of the Devil? She didn’t know, and she wouldn’t think more about it, this was about her and her happiness and musing over the past would do nothing for her.

“Yeah,” Leah smiled, “we can go shopping together and sleep over each other's house.” She felt a little happy also, the only girl that she hung out with was her cousin Emily, but that ended once she got with Sam. She could try to make this work with Aurora, she'll give it a try.

After that, everyone got comfortable. Aurora and Leah talking between each other while the older men just relaxed and watched the children talk. They would be sure to inform the other Elders about Charlie’s newest daughter and soon the wolfpack, who would be watching over her once she comes onto the reservation when Charlie leaves for work.

“Oh Aura!” Leah smiled, “my mother and I made this for you.” She was forced to help knit this but now she was feeling a little happy she helped because the squeal from Aurora filled her ice cold heart with warmth.

“It’s so pink and pretty!” Aurora grinned, she loved pink, and she loved Leah and Sue for making this for her, “thank you!”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~