Chapter 26

When mom answered the door, he just barged right in. This wasn't the first sight I'd had of the man that Sam called her dad, though the other times had been quick flashes, and I still wasn't impressed.

"Dad?" Sammy asked, the worry evident in her voice.

"Can I help you?" my mother interrupted.

"What the hell did you do?" he yelled at Sam, completely disregarding my mother.

I reached over to Sam, gripping her hand in reassurance. Nothing bad was going to happen, though I knew she was terrified to be confronted like this.

"Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to leave my house!" my mother stated, grabbing him by the shoulder.

"Fuck you, keep your hands off me!" he snarled. "I just need to talk to my daughter!"

"You're not doing that here, and certainly not with that attitude!" my mother continued.

"Fine! Come on Sam, we're going home!" he turned to yell again.

Sam stood up, glaring at him. "I am home! And if you want to know what I did, I satisfied the terms of the trust fund and I sold the company. But if you're here then you already know that, so just leave me alone!"

"You're going to undo this all, right now!" he demanded, completely ignoring her.

"There is no chance of that happening."

"You know what is going to happen if you say no!" he lowered his voice in a threatening manner. None of us did anything other than smirk.

"Oh, do tell father. You'll try to marry me off to another rapist? Yell at me more? Remind me that I'm a disgrace because I don't want the company and fell in love with a girl?" Sam asked mockingly.

"You know you're not the only one that will pay! Your sister isn't as lucky as you!"

"I think that is about enough!" my mother said sternly as she walked over to the kitchen counter and picked up an envelope, then walked back to Sam's dad. "As a duly appointed officer of the court, I'm letting you know that a restraining order has been filed against you by your daughter Sam. You're not allowed to be within 500 feet of her. Leave now, or you'll be arrested for violating the court order."

"You know this will never stick." He growled. My mom just smiled at him.

"I'm sure you saw my cruiser out front; you know this is a police officer's residence," she pointed out.

"Yeah, and I golf with your chief, so?"

Steven stepped forward as well, towering over her father. "I'm trooper Bonds with the State Police. Do you golf with my boss too?"

Her dad looked at him with a little more surprise, which made Sam and I chuckle.

Lisa then stood up as well. "I'm Lisa Murray, with the law firm of Murray and Johnston. I'm the one who is representing your daughter in the custody suit over Janine. That suit will be filed in the courthouse the first thing tomorrow morning, and you'll get a notification of that soon too. Though I must say that based on the contracts you drew up and the texts to your daughter as well as what we've witnessed tonight, you have zero chance of winning."

Her poor father seemed to be deflating before our eyes and it was wonderful.

"Hey dad, I'm not sure if the sign was out front yet, but you do know that the house is mine, right? I already directed it to be sold, so you better find a new place fast. You might not want it to be too close to the Wilson's either since they're probably rather upset with the way things have turned out." Sam said with a sweet smile.