Chapter 7 - In danger

Start from the beginning

Ding dong! Ding dong!

'Who's coming at this time? Almost maghrib la aiyoh(sigh) this human. Tsk, tsk' She wonders. A bit annoyed when guests come at dusk where it is nearly prayer time.

'Or is it Farah and Raja?'

____________________________________

Farah and Raja texted Anne, telling her that they have been waiting for half an hour but still no single reply. They started searching for her around their faculty. She and Anne were placed in the same faculty so she knew which class Anne used since they shared their timetable together with the class situated that she has to go to. She examined one class that Anne was supposed to be in but no one was there. Whilst Raja spun around checking whether Anne already arrived or not. She could not stay calm anymore.

She told Raja she already searched for Anne in the business law class but no single human was there. Raja replied back and trying to ease her worry. It worked when she told her Anne maybe in her friend's dormitory doing homework or discussing something within them. But she remained felt uneasy. She could not find her after half an hour or so thus perspiration ran down her forehead.

She tries finding her in the library, her friend's dormitory yet still has not found her. The faculty parking lot was the last place that came to her mind because undeniably and impossible that Anne was there but it was also the only place that she did not search for her yet. She straight away runs to the parking lot that could take 20 minutes to get there not even caring she was out of breath. The last place she never thought she could find her was the place where she certainly discovered her. Anne was literally in her car, sleeping. She thought.

She heavily sighed with relief and mitigated when she saw her. Beyond belief. 'Did she pulled up a prank on us or what? Woah, woah? Really, Anne?' She opened the door like greased lightning after her many attempts upon knocking on the window. But Anne would not budge to move even a little. "Okay, that is weird. She is sleeping... right?" She whispers.

It was even bizarre when the door was unlocked from the start but she got no time for that. Anne's life was what matters to her. She tapped her shoulder and shaking her softly afterwards but no response. Is she? No! She quickly put her index and middle finger on the right side of her neck but she could not find her pulse. She then moved her fingers to the left, barely found the pulse and perturbing. If she was late, what if she died and more. 

"Please! Ya Allah, please! Be with me, Anne! You must stay alive!" She mu. Soon she discovered her heartbeat. Grateful expired air was detected as she blew it happily.

She nearly thought that she will lose her caring best friend as her mind was full of death and gone. Plus, she hopefully prayed for her still be alive. She was scared caused what had happened in the news would happen to her which its title was a leaking gas that took 3 lives and the victims were all students to boot. They slept in a car to rest for a while without opening the windows and one of their uncles found them unconscious after hours of searching. Verge of tears almost fell on her cheek thinking about it. She does not want to cry since she already found her yet her eyes control her emotions as if they have their own mind. Eventually, the tears betrayed her and fell down like rain. She remembered Raja did not know Anne's state and directly reached for her phone, calling her.

On the other hand, Raja went to Anne's faculty as soon as Farah called her that she had found Anne already. But sadly, she also thought that the parking lot will be her last choice to check over her. Farah found Anne in her car with unconsciousness was not what she expected either. It was her time to worry about Anne this time as she thought Anne was fine earlier. She used Grab to go there as fast as possible.