Chapter 27 - The blessings this world can bring, all falling in line

"I can feel it. Right here."

"Loki, that's not possible. It is yet too small to even move."

"This is our child, my heart. You had best expect it to be quite advanced, even while you are still holding it safely."

Sigyn rolled her eyes and shook her head at Loki's grin. She settled herself deeper into her pillows when her husband's arms embraced her waist. He kissed her naked belly. Sigyn's fingers ran through his soft raven hair and caressed him lovingly.
After receiving the wonderful news yesterday, Sigyn and Loki went straight to the Urdarbrunn. They left their illusions to deal with the announcement in court and the well-wishes and so on. They had no interest in sharing their joy and love with anyone else.

"It will be a girl," said Loki then. "I am sure of it."

Sigyn chuckled but said nothing to contradict him. His joy warmed her entire being. She was in bliss. 

"She will have your red hair and bewitching eyes. Your kindness, your virtue, your caring heart..."

"And what of you?" interrupted Sigyn. "What will she have of you, dear husband?"

"My mischievous side, of course."

"Oh my, what a handful she will be then."

Sigyn laughed aloud when Loki tickled her in response to her quip. 

"Stop, stop! I yield!"

"Ha, I win."

"Hm, this time."

Loki moved back up to kiss his wife's lips. 

"You're the only one I will gladly lose to," he whispered. 

He pressed his mouth to hers again. Sigyn immediately took all of him in. Even after their night of passionate lovemaking, she still did not have enough of him. She never would.  

"I don't want our daughter to have my hair," Sigyn breathed against Loki's lips between kisses. "I hate my hair; you know that. I want her to be raven-haired like you."

"Black hair, emerald eyes."

"Mischievous and a loving heart." 

"Our Lagertha will be the best of us both," concluded Loki. 

Sigyn drew back when he mentioned the name and gazed at him. A smile crept up at her lips. 

"You remember?" 

"Of course, I remember." Loki returned the smile. "How could I not?"

It had been years since they last spoke about what they would name their children. Decades even. Sigyn's despair at not being able to conceive had turned the entire subject into the greatest taboo. But now, after all this time, they could finally speak of it again. 
The prospect of becoming a mother, of sharing a child with the man she loved unconditionally, was everything Sigyn had ever hoped for. Sometimes the universe simply hears your heart's desire. 

***

It was early still. Too early for a normal day with nothing planned. But the events of the previous evening kept Thor from his usual long and untroubled sleep. After hours of tossing and turning, he finally gave up and decided to take a morning stroll, hoping it would calm him down. But it seemed his mind was now even more in turmoil than before. And all because of a baby.
Thor knew how much Sigyn, and even Loki, had longed for a child. He wished them nothing but the very best now that they would have their own family. But his own feelings for Sigyn, however deep they may have been buried since her choosing Loki over him, kept him from truly being happy for the blessed couple.
What he still felt for the woman who was once his betrothed would never truly disappear. Thor was not the same as he was before he met her. Sigyn changed him for the better, and he would be forever grateful for that. Nothing could ever make Thor stop loving her.