Aïda felt a pang of disappointment after hearing his last sentence. Maybe it was pain. The thought that his life was far away from hers bothered her far more than she cared to admit. She had to turn her back to for fear of the tears that threatened to fall.

"Um...you must be really good at rugby," She decided to change the subject, " since you make a living from it."
Aden chuckled, "Have you really never seen me play? I don't know how to feel about that. It could be a good thing though."
"So then you're not that good?" Aïda teased him turning back around to face him. He back now leaning against the railing of the balcony.

Aden laughed for about about a minute. His rumbling laughter seemed to vibrate through her. It made her want to laugh too but, she controlled herself.

"Tanith was right: you are cute.Too cute."
"I'm not your puppy okay." She retorted.
"You're right because you're much cuter then any puppy I've ever seen." He had a devious glint in his eyes.

She pointed her finger to his chest wanting to say something smart. She realized her mistake when she felt his hard torso underneath her flesh. He suddenly looked really tense, his pupils getting bigger. His smile was gone. She removed her finger after about five seconds.

"I'm sorry...I should have known my place." She remembered Tiffany at that moment. How did she forget about that woman.

Aden looked confused when he asked, "What place is that?"
"I have no right to touch you there," she whispered the last part to herself hoping he won't hear, "Unfortunately, I don't think I'll forget how you feel now."

Aden gaze intensified as he continued to stare at her. She had to get away because clearly the atmosphere had shifting to something else.

Before she could excuse herself she was interrupted.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"I wonder where Aden went? The guests are starting to leave." Adriaan muttered to no one in particular.
His wife answered, "I saw him going in the direction of the bathroom but, he should have been back by now.
"Okay. I'll see everyone off."
"Yes and I'll see how far the catering staff are in cleaning the kitchen." Johanie offered.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

*Someone clears throat* "Well well chomma, fancy seeing you here."
"Zoë!...What are you doing here?" A guilty feeling Aïda asked.
"I could asked you the same question but, I think I know the answer." Zoë smirked.

Just then the same guy that spoke to Zoë earlier came up behind her. Where did they come from? Aïda wondered. She had not heard the elevator and Aden looked upset. Probably because he did not want to be seen alone with her.

"Aden what are you doing here?"
"I should be asking you that question, Khaya. This is after all my house." Aden's sounded irritated.
"I'm sorry Zoë and I wanted some fresh air. I figured we're be alone." Khaya explained with a boyish from on his face.

Aden seemed to relax after that. He looked Aïda and then back to Khaya and Zoë. A look of surprise on his face.

"As long as it was just fresh air I have no issues."
"Yes, we only wanted fresh air." Khaya answered.
"I found Miss Völlenhoven here. She was also looking for breathing room. I was just about to leave and allow her to enjoy the silence when you two came." Aden fipped.
"Oh really chomma you could've called me. I know how you hate crowds. You probably want to go home. Right?" Zoë chipped in.
"It's okay Zoë, don't worry about me. Tell you what: I'll get a taxi on my own. You spend your night however you please."

Zoë clearly was embarrassed. Aïda immediately regretted what she said.

"Why would you go home in a taxi, Aïda," it was Aden, "You're my guest so I'll make sure you get home safely."

"And I'll take Zoë home." Khaya said.

Aïda and Zoë both seemed uncertain.

"Aïda are you sure about leaving on your own? Khaya invited me to an after party, I'd love to go."
"I'm sure. You go enjoy your night, party animal."
"Can we leave now, Zoë? If you're ready." Khaya asked.

Zoë walked over to Aïda and gave her a hug. Aïda reciprocated.

"I'll get Aïda home." Aden announced.
"Thank you, Aden . Enjoy your sleep chomma."
Aïda rolled her eyes, "You enjoy yourself too."

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"Did you call Aden yet?" Johanie wanted to know from her husband.
"His phone goes straight to voicemail," Adriaan answered looking dejected, "I'm sure he'll be back any minute now."
"I hope so too. Does he know we have to be at the airport in less then three hours?"
"He does but, if he's not here soon we'll leave the door unlocked. I doubt anyone will break in. It is Clifton Beach after all. We could leave it at a neighbour."

The two did not even see the two couples that joined them.

"No need. I haven't gone anywhere." Aden starteld them.
"Thank goodness, " Johanie sighed,"Where were you all?"
"We needed some fresh air." Aden answered for all four, "I see almost everyone left, I'm sorry. I lost track of time. You two are free to leave."
"Okay." Johanie said.
"Thanks for helping me out you two especially you, Johanie."
"Don't mention it. A single man can't do everything by himself. He needs a woman's touch for certain things." Johanie smiled at him warmly.

Both Aïda and Zoë glanced at each other, confusion etched on their faces.

"Oh before before forget: Aïda and Zoë I'll see you two tomorrow night. Did you book a flight for our Sandton Gala already?"
"Not...not yet but, I'll do it immediately." Zoë completely forgot in the excitement for Aden's party.

Johanie looked less then impressed. Aïda felt embarrassed, she assumed that Zoë took care of it. Aden looked confused, he had no idea that Aïda was invited to Sandton as well.

"Zoë is just pulling your leg. Their flight has already been booked." Aden lied but, he did not want to tarnish Aïda ' s image in front of his friends.

Both Aïda and Zoë stared at him like he was crazy fortunately Johanie did not notice.

"Okay. See you all in Sandton." Johanie smiled at them and gave the two ladies a hug.

After Adriaan and Johanie left to finish packing and Khaya left to get his car, Aden spoke to the ladies.

"You two will come on my jet. We're leaving at eight tomorrow morning. That is the second of January. I'll send drivers to your homes okay. Zoë inbox your adress to me," Turning to Aïda, "I'll find out where you reside in a few minutes.

Aïda had no complaints at that moment because Aden had just saved her from embarrassment.

Zoë was practically floating on air. It had been a really good night for her. A new year had never started this good for  her.