Chapter 44: Fake Love

Start from the beginning

"You can," His eyes beamed.

"If you become the duke of sanerio that is, but since you aren't you can't," His smile faded.

"Then take a break for a bit please," He pleaded.

"As much as I want to, I have no luxury to do so, my people needs me," She said without giving him a look.

"But I also need you," He said in a soft tone. "I need you to at least have dinner with me," Lisa paused from what she was doing and look up to see him smiling bitterly at her.

"Baby you've been writing all day, doesn't your hand hurt?" He asked.

"No..." But my heart does.

She felt betrayed, cheated, and deceived.

How can such person, treated her like this as if he never did a humongous crime of having an affair to her most envied mortal.

That person, possess no magical power, but a mere being can destroy her in a matter of second. She should have known, he was nothing but fake.

A Fake love, that should have not been there in the first place.

"Baby?" His voice felt nothing but pain, but for the sake of unsuspiciousness, Lisa tried her best to smile at him.

"Then... I'll go," she simply said but enough to make his smile grew that she can see flower popping out on top of his head.

"Finally!" "Come on baby! Get up from there, I'm so done watching you write report, I feel like doing my own," he remove the pen on her hand, went beside her chair to assist her stand up, and held her hand.

"Where are you taking me then?" She exhaustedly asked.

"It's a surprise my love," he giggled at her but Lisa only look at him neutrally, she is confused if the man was dumb enough not to notice her sudden change of attitude towards him, or was he innocent from what she heard?

Clear enough that the man wasn't near dumb, and she wanted this relationship to work. She's been telling herself not to think about negative things, she shouldn't be putting another question on her list and what should she be doing right now was to learn how to trust him.

Shouldn't it be like that in a relationship? Learning new things from your mistakes, trusting your partner because how can their relationship work if she kept on being jealous to the woman he fell in love and had forgotten.

They're friends first before everything else, always remember that, she reminded herself.

Jungkook felt her hand tightened, and saw her overly exhausted, he halted. "Wait".

"What's wrong?" She asked, when the man suddenly stopped from turning the knob before he teleport them back in Seoul.

He pulled her hand closer, and his free hand caressed her jaw until his finger held the back of her ears leaning in his head for a soft and tender kiss.

"A reward for your hard work," He giggled at her, she felt refreshed.

Lisa felt her inside heated rush forgetting everything that she felt and heard, she found herself leaning in more, closing her amethyst eyes. Their head glued but their eyes found a way to stare at each other.