A Letter Once More

Tony,

I'm glad you're back at the compound. I don't like the idea of you rattling around a mansion by yourself. We all need family. The Avengers are yours, maybe more so than mine. I've been on my own since I was 18. I never really fit in anywhere, even in the army. My faith's in people, I guess. Individuals. And I'm happy to say that, for the most part, they haven't let me down. Which is why I can't let them down either. Locks can be replaced, but maybe they shouldn't. I know I hurt you, Tony. I guess I thought by not telling you about your parents I was sparing you, but I can see now that I was really sparing myself, and I'm sorry. Hopefully one day you can understand. I wish we agreed on the Accords, I really do. I know you're doing what you believe in, and that's all any of us can do. That's all any of us should . . .

So, no matter what. I promise you, if you need us, if you need me, I'll be there.

Steve Rogers

-

WAKANDA

Having given up his shield, as well as the stars and stripes, Steve Rogers busted Team Cap out of The Raft prison. Steve reunited with Natasha and upon their reunion, they broke into the Raft, where they managed to neutralize the United States Marshals Service and set Clint Barton, Scott Lang, Sam Wilson, and Wanda Maximoff free.

Clint was reunited with his family, as was Scott. Both of them took a deal, as it was too tough on their families to become fugitives. So, they had been placed on house arrest for the time being. But, after escaping, Sam and Wanda continued to be on the run as fugitives. But Lila and Bucky? Well, after the entirety of Team Cap had made amends with King T'Challa, Bucky and Lila seemed to be Wakanda's brand new attraction.

'Lila! Lila! Where's Lila!' Cried one of the Wakandan children, clinging on to Bucky's leg.

'I don't know kid, but you're kind of cramping up my leg here.' He picked up the child and placed her on the ground next to him. 'Look, I'll find Lila and as soon as I find her, I'll come find you, okay buddy?'

The child nodded, and ran off to play with her friends. Bucky chuckled, and walked up the grass bank towards the Wakandan apartments, where he knew Lila would be residing.

He knocked on the door, and he heard her feet clap against the ground. She peeked her head through the gap and laughed.

'No entry.' She spoke, slamming the door in his face.

'What the fuck?'

'I'm kidding!' She yelled, and he opened the door. 'You don't have to knock, B. This is our apartment, y'know. And it has been for the past couple months.'

He grinned and jumped on the bed, laying next to her. 'Yes, but...' he began, pulling her over so she was laid on top of him. 'I didn't want to walk in on anything.'

She squealed, then chuckled into his chest. 'What exactly do you mean, Mr Barnes?'

'You know what I mean, babe.'

He sat up with her wrapped around his torso, and she shuffled trying to get comfortable. He groaned and lifted his head upwards, and she shot him a glare.

'Don't do that, doll.' He groused.

'Don't do what?' She asked, looking up at him through her lashes. 'This?'

She shuffled once more, applying a little more pressure as she did so, causing him to harshly place his lips on hers. Lila's eyes fluttered shut, her lashes coppery lines against her pale, fragile skin. He clung to her more tightly, knotting his hands in her hair, trying to tell her, with the press of his mouth on hers. He trailed his lips down the edge of her chin to the centre of her neck and he kept going until he reached the v-neck of her shirt.

He dipped her low and kissed her passionately, as if he were angry, and each time his lips left hers, even just for half a second, the withdrawal of his touch made her cry out. As he took his lips away from her mouth, he gently trailed kisses down to her neck, and gasping when the intensity returned to his mouth.

Her hands reached for the top of his shirt, ripping it off and throwing it on the ground. He growled into her mouth as she fiddled with the flyer of his jeans, pulling them down to his ankles and he kicked them off- leaving him topless, with only his boxers on show.

'Are you sure about this?' He asked, taking a breath away from her for a second. She nodded intensely, dragging his shoulders towards her and placed his hand on her breast.

'Then beg for it, doll.'

-

The light shone through the curtains as Lila and Bucky lay peacefully in their bed. Clothes scattered the floor from last nights events, which lead to them both having to rest longer than usual. Lila's eyes flickered open, and she turned her head towards Bucky who was already awake, taking in her sleeping frame.

'Morning sunshine.' He whispered, taking a piece of her hair and curling it round his finger. 'How'd you sleep?'

She looked at him and just chuckled, and pushed herself up with the duvet still covering her bare torso and chest. 'Perfectly.'

'Mmm, is that so?' He murmured, pulling her back down next to him. She smirked as she placed another kiss on his lips.

'I love you.' She whispered, running her hand through his hair.

'I love you too.'

Those three words were the only three words that made Lila and Bucky feel finally at peace.

But the question at hand still ceases to exist.

How long can peace last until it is completely and utterly destroyed?
-
-
-
-
-
authors note:

what the fuck. i finished this book????? jesus holy christ, i never thought the day would come! you may be wondering why 43 chapters isn't very many, but i am creating a whole series of bucklila stories- with book two being called...

elusive hearts!!!

god, I started writing this book late in the year 2020, and was too afraid to publish it, and to be honest looking back I can see why lmao, but honestly at the time of writing this, my book has 500 reads, which may sound a little small but to me it's not the amount of reads i have, it's the fun and dedication I have for bucky and lilas story.

yes, plotholes are in this book, they are there for a reason. addy hasn't been forgotten about, nor has tristan. addy has a whole story behind her and her childhood which will all be explained soon and it is the same about lilas parents, more answers will come through soon.

some events that happen in the mcu haven't been applied to this book, for example at the end of cacw when bucky gets put into cryo. i left that bit out for now, and i can focus more on bucklilas story and how it will roll.

if time frames weren't clear enough, at the end of this book lila and bucky have been dating for at least 5-7 months. time skips are a thing, so when the next book is published don't be surprised if there is a large skip of time.

thank you from the bottom of my heart.

lilly.