"Yes, o—" Nikita began before the music became louder and cut her off.

Lexi strained to hear the rest of their conversation, as the loud music now made it almost impossible to hear the exchange. But she figured that they were discussing the high possibility of them hooking up tonight. She remembered that Felipe's bedroom was right beside the bathroom, so her guess was more than likely correct. She bit her lip— that was the absolute last thing she needed to hear from two of her close friends.

I don't think I wanna hear any more of that, she thought. I'm done here anyway.

With that in mind, Lexi exited the bathroom. She only managed to start walking back to the living room when she ran into the last person she wanted to see at the party.

"Hello, Lexi."

Oh, you've gotta be fucking kidding me now, she thought. But she kept that thought to herself. "Hello, Cassie."

"Wow, what an original costume you got there!" Cassie said. Her obnoxiously loud voice oozed of biting sarcasm. "You really put a lot of thought into it, didn't ya? I've never seen anyone else be a black cat before!"

"I actually like my costume a lot," Lexi countered with a shrug. "Also, why the fuck do you even care so much? No one told you to wear it."

Cassie fixed the top of her sexy pirate costume. "Shut the fuck up! God, you look so fucking ugly. I truly don't get what any guy would see in you."

"Well, I think I'm pretty, and that's really all that matters in the end," Lexi pointed out. "I couldn't give two shits what you think about me— be it my appearance or something else."

"You b—"

"Besides," Lexi interrupted, holding one hand up to halt Cassie from speaking, "you're the last person to call anyone ugly when you're one of the ugliest people on the inside. I've never met someone so rude, petty, and downright disgusting as you."

"How dare you?!" Cassie shrieked.

Lexi scoffed. "Oh, just fuck off already."

Cassie narrowed her eyes. "No. You can't tell me what to do, you fucking bitch."

"I'm done here," Lexi said with an eye roll.

She tried to go to the living room, but Cassie blocked her in. With Cassie being several inches taller, she easily loomed over Lexi. But the smaller woman refused to back down at all. They stared intently at each other. A couple of minutes passed with neither woman saying anything. All that they could hear was the loud music playing throughout the apartment.

"Move," Lexi ordered.

"Fuck no," Cassie said. "What the fuck are you gonna do about it? You think you're better than me?"

"I never said that. But I do think I'm nicer than you, that's for sure," Lexi responded.

It was Cassie's turn to roll her eyes. "Fuck you!"

"Lexi!"

Both women looked behind Lexi to find Isaac walking up to them both. His face showed genuine concern as he stood behind his girlfriend.

"Is something wrong?" he inquired innocently.

Cassie swiftly walked away without saying another word. Lexi began laughing once her enemy was out of her sight.

"Thank you, babe."

"Of course," Isaac said. "Come on, I'll take you to my room to get far away from her. Cassie won't follow us there."