Not so happy campers pt1

You got the call a few hours after you sent in your audition telling you that you've been chosen for the show, just as you had expected you are a very convincing person clearly, your now sat on the fancy boat that's taking you to the island your bag sat next to you. You saw some of the other campers get on the boat before you but you already knew their names and who they were so you weren't bothered especially because one of them was Beth and you didn't particularly like her.

Suddenly you notice a bowl sitting on a little table in front of you with... sweets! Oh my lord food and junk food even, ha McLean may not be so bad because he'd given you the greatest gift of all, food, you stuff a few into your pockets and the rest in your bag picking up your favourite  one and putting it in your mouth, then the island came into view.

There on the dock you could already spot DJ he's quite impossible to miss as he's very tall and sticks out compared to all the other campers there so obviously he's the first person you saw then you spot a grumpy Gwen at the edge of the dock and an over enthusiastic Beth greeting a very disgusted heather. 

"And this is the next camper y/n!" Chris announces as you step off the boat the sweets still in your pocket, as you look around at the campers who were there you realise how cool it is to be there with them you've watched the show before obviously or else you wouldn't be here, but seeing the characters you love so much actually standing in front  of you almost makes you want to run up to them and hug them, but you don't because that'd be weird a complete stranger hugging you, not happening, at least not until you get to know them.

"Uhm she's been staring at us for a while is she just gonna stand there all day?" Heather looks at you skeptically while saying that not sure if your another crazy person joining her on this dump of an island. 

"OH sorry!" You realise what you were doing and where you were " hi I'm y/n as Chris just said it's nice to be here...i guess" you look at the place you had to live for the next few weeks. It looked better on a tv screen. Yeh definitely better on screen.

"Hey your voice sounds funny where are you from?" Beth says while running up to you and spitting in your face, " oh I was born in England if that's what your asking" you say her eyes light up when you mention England as if it were some far away fantastic land where you dine on crumpets and tea, it's not.

"Wow! England! I've always wanted to go there! What's it like? Do you know the queen?" She then bombards you with the most stupid questions you've ever heard, she can't be for real Can she? Yeh she is. 

At this point you just walk away and go to stand next to heather "ew get away from me" she says, " yeh no you should feel honoured to stand next me" you retort her face shifting into a surprised one no one really talks back to her so this was a first, you look ahead to  see the next boat arrive at this point it's the last person to arrive, the crazy girl known as Izzy ran towards the edge of the boat screaming hello at everyone then she proceeded to fall off the boat hitting her chin on the dock, oh yeh you were gonna be friends definitely, that's definitely friend material but you can't be her friend is she drowns. 

You run over to help the brown haired girl called Courtney drag Izzy out of the water who doesn't seem to shaken up by the whole ordeal as she says "that felt so.... GOOD! Hey is this summer camp? Do you have paper mashé? Are we having lunch soon?!" She says her eyes darting from person to person as Owen yells "THAT IS A GOOD CALL" come to think of it lunch wouldn't be a bad idea but you already know what the food here is like and you don't want to eat whatever it is the chef puts into peoples bowls. 

Chris then tells everyone to get at the end of the dock for photos, " I am not going on the edge of that dock with all those people there!" You say obviously knowing what will happen and not wanting to get your outfit wet this early in the day but a buff girl called Eva who apparently wasn't taking anyones bull shit today grabbed you by the arm and forced you to stand between her and Justin, who smelled of way to much a Cologne btw suddenly the dock begins to creak beneath everyone's weight as predicted, " okay hold that pose!" Chris says holding the camera up to his face " everyone say Wawanakwa!" "Wawanakwaaaaaaaaaghhhh" everyone says in unison as the dock crumbles underneath their feet "oh shit this water is freezing!" You yell while frantically looking around for the quickest way out of the water, grabbing onto someone's hand to help them out too.

Turns out that was heather's hand you grabbed she didn't even thank you for dragging her out of the water and instead just started ringing out the water from her hair " uh excuse me?" You say, " what?" She almost spits back, " if I'm not mistaken I dragged you out of the water Did I not? So in that case I think some kind of thank you is in order" you say quirking an eyebrow at her, " oh I'm sorry I don't do thanking people it was your choice to grab my hand" she argues, in which case she was correct because it was your choice but a thanks would still be nice so you pester her again.

"While it was my choice to grab your hand if I recall you were flapping around in the water like a drowning cat so a thanks would still be great" heather turns to look at you a look of embarrassment on her face she very quickly mumbles a pathetic "thanks" and then tries to walk away, you stop her, you stare at her right in the eyes and say " hmmmmmm I like you, you seem cool" and with that you walk away leaving her very confused and with slight blush on her cheeks. 

Chris then announces to meet him at the fire pit after drying off, everyone reluctantly starts to walk there you were way ahead of everyone as you already knew where it was, when you made it there it took a while for everyone else to arrive but they eventually did some confused at how you got there that fast, you were sorted into teams and then Chris said " y/n as you are our extra you are going to join the team that loses a person this challenge, but for now you can just jump between the two." Happy with this arrangement you nod and join everyone else. 

Twas time to chose cabins you joined the killer bass in theirs " ooooooooo bagsy a top bunk" you say while jumping onto the closest one, "hey Bridgette wanna bunk with me?" You ask the surfer chick looks at you and simply states "but what if the other team lose you'll be on that team it'd be pointless but yeh sure for now." She claims the bunk under you. Then Lindsay let's out a massive scream from the other cabin you all run over to see what was wrong, the biggest cockroach was crawling on the floor people jumping onto the bunks to avoid it some try to stomp on it then Duncan walks in with an axe and chops the thing in half "Oof rest in peace's little bug" you say everyone looks at you not knowing what "Oof" means right you forget it's 2007. 

The que for the slop that chef serves hardly seemed worth it, I mean you could always just snap your fingers and get the most epic food there is but you promised to not use those abilities unless absolutely necessary, but this is food we are talking about and for someone who loved food you were also extremely picky about what you ate, then you remember the sweets in your bag and calm down because they could help in this situation you take your tray up to the serving window and get whatever it is the chef calls it and sit down, as you have no specific team you can sit at whatever table you like so you chose the gophers table, you sit down next to Lindsay and push aside the plate and take out a sweet from your pocket, everyone's eyes on you, you realise your mistake, suddenly everyone lunges for the packet of skittles you were holding the canteen turned into a battle field for a packet of skittles and then Chris entered and everything went back to normal.

You were then told to get into your swimming costumes and head towards the massive cliff that is very visible and very tiresome to climb, Eva ended up dragging you up there, once you got to the top you heard DJ say "ohhh shit".

First actual chapter done! This shit took way more time to write than I thought it would anyway good day or night~~ Remi