16 ✎ He's Behind Me, Isn't He?

You watched as Jeonghan eagerly stomped on the leaves surrounding the giant tree roots, too confused -and frankly scared- to ask him what he was exactly doing. In the few hours you spent together, you learned that he was extremely unpredictable and unstoppable, so you just stayed silent and prayed nothing would go downhill. Your eyes turned to Wonwoo to see if he had any idea about what was happening but he still had the same annoyed expression plastered on his face from when you decided to fight the guards earlier. You shrugged and directed your attention back to Jeonghan.

The Enchanted forest seemed to be the perfect hiding spot that you somehow always wound up at. So when the redhead announced that he knew a place where you could hide for the time being, you weren't surprised when he dragged you in there. But it was Jeonghan you were talking about, nothing was ever this simple with him, there had to be a catch. And surely enough, you had your answer rather quickly.

He moved to another arching root that reached his waist, wrapped his arms around it and started jumping on the ground where it emerged and smirked when a hole started to form around it. He took a few steps back and stood next to you as you watched, fascinated, at how the already huge root seemed to become even bigger and extended into a vine dangling underground. Talk about things not going downhill....

"Okay follow me now!" Jeonghan enthusiastically said as he jumped and grabbed the vine, swiftly going down, firefighter style.

"Are you sure this is safe?" You shouted, leaning forward into the hole. But instead of answering you he gave you a little twirl and extended his arms to show you that he was perfectly okay. Not exactly the most reassuring view considering he was almost 20 meters lower than you, but you knew you had to do it to move the plot forward.

Jeonghan made it look almost too easy, you took a deep breath and koala-hugged the vine tighter trying your best not to look down and fall to your demise. You slowly made your way down the vine, one inch at a time, making sure your feet were touching the swinging vine, your plan was perfect.

Eyes? Closed.
Arms? Tightly wrapped around the root.
Feet? Dangling in the air- wait what!

You caved in and looked down and you wish you hadn't, the root didn't extend all the way down so there was at least a couple of meters of space left to reach the ground, and that's when you started to panic.

"Stop moving, you're gonna make us fall!" You heard Wonwoo grumble on top of you. You looked up ready to glare at him but it was his butt that was staring back at you instead. You weren't sure which view was worse.

"Ew get away from me!" You gripped the root tighter and whipped your head to the left.

"Just jump it's not that high!" He exasperatedly sighed, "You literally jumped off few cliffs and a building, you can't be scared of this."

"That's because it was a life or death situation!" You yelled back, the wrinkles around your eyes becoming bigger.

"If you don't jump now, I will fart on you."

Oh well, he didn't have to tell you twice. Without a second of hesitation you let go of the vine and landed butt first on the moist ground. Though really it was the least of your worries, you were just relieved you didn't break any bone in the process. It didn't take long for Wonwoo to land —gracefully might I add— next to you, pulling out of your train of thoughts. It was only then that you noticed that Jeonghan had his hand extended for you to get up and was babbling words you couldn't hear.

"...but that's where I usually hide whenever I'm being pursued by the law enforcement," he made his way towards what looked like dirt stairs with Wonwoo and you on his heel. They didn't look safe unlike what Jeonghan made it seem like, so you took extra precautions not to slip, thing that always backfired as you found yourself tumbling down the stairs taking Wonwoo down with you.