17 ✎ The Darling

Ba-ding: "Secret hideout" trope unlocked

You had always been a huge sucker for secret hideouts? A secret passageway leading to an undiscovered library? A magical world's boarding school you have to access using a ring? Your dream. But when the hideout in question was a pirate's cove tucked away inside a mountain? You felt like a little kid on a Christmas morning.

You stared in awe at your surroundings, looking at the dark blue ocean through the natural barrier the mountain provided, soaking in every twinkle of the stars' reflection on its surface. You took in a deep whiff of the salty air, old childhood memories of your parents taking you to the beach during summer running through your mind. It was not often you got to see the ocean being as breathtaking as this. You were almost glad there wasn't a waterfall hiding the view as per usual media trope rules.

Jeonghan had led you to his crews' lair to help you get safely to the castle as promised, and you couldn't imagine a better place for a pirates lair to be. You stared at the moonlit, imposing pirate's ship stationed at the harbor, that was being slightly rocked by the playful ripples of the waves. The red-haired pirate had quickly excused himself inside the ship, promising to come get you two as soon as possible.

You didn't expect Jeonghan to be from such a big crew, but then again everything Jeonghan did surprised you. And as crazy as his stunts were, he had really helped you overcome the troubles you encountered on this journey. He was a great addition to the team.

Team huh.... You bit your lip remembering the verbal altercation you had with Wonwoo the previous day, just when you thought you two started getting along, he had hit you with the "You're the worst hing someone could have on a team" line, and now the shadow of overthinking started looming over you head again. What if Jeonghan would think the same of you? What if he regretted inviting you to his crew, even if it was only for a short while? Would he kick you out mid-sail if his crew didn't like you?

Wonwoo broke the silence and pulled you out of the thought spiral he pushed you in in the first place, "I expected the 'beach episode' to be more..." he paused, searching for the right words, "Lighthearted."

Ba-ding: "Breaking the fourth wall" trope unlocked.

"Stop hitting the fourth wall, you're this close to breaking it." You pinched the air, leaving no space between your fingers.

"They're touching..."

"Exactly."

It was something he had been doing a lot lately and many of these times were in front of Jeonghan/people from this world. His little comments here and there were doing a great job of reminding you that you were still stuck inside a book. At least one of you wasn't straying away from the goal. To get out of here ASAP.