5 ✎ Of Course There's Only One Bed!

5 feet

5 feet.

That was approximately the distance you put between yourself and Wonwoo.

After deciding that you and him would team up to finish the book's 'missions', you didn't waste more time staying at the edge of the cliff, and headed down the enchanting forest.

You still didn't trust him though, especially after finding yourself flying out the cliff for whoever knows how many times by him, hence the safety distance.

Another hill stood infront of you, this one was smaller than the previous one, hopefully easier to climb too. Wonwoo was already on top, disappearing between the tall green trees, not even waiting for you. Damn his long legs....

You sighed and started climbing, deciding not to think about him anymore. A foot after the other, steadily you reached the top.

The greenery extended as far as you could see, or could not in instance, the trees almost touched the sky and spread their branches like a roof over the other plants. The roots on the other hand were approximately the size of a leg, dipping in and out of the ground, some covered in moss, others acting like homes for little rabbits. The sunlight filtred through the leaves, casting golden polka-dots on the brownish carpet.

You kept walking on auto-pilot while enjoying the beautiful scenery your mind created, deep down you still didn't believe that this was possible, that entering books was within the realms of possibility. A little sense of pride washed over your body, This is mine, I made this... you thought outloud while softly touching a giant green leaf with your fingers, tracing the unusual spirals craved on it, Your little sister told you that this would make it easier for snails to eat them, and she might have been right. You constantly told your twin siblings to always look at where they were going, advice you clearly didn't follow enough since you failed to notice the tree log on the ground and tripped over it.

The sound seemed to alarm Wonwoo who finally stopped walking and irritatedly looked at you, he clearly wasn't enjoying himself as much as you, and the scratches on his face caused by the branches are the evidence, "Can't you see where you're going? And why are you walking that far? You're gonna get lost."

"I'd rather get lost than have you stab me with a tree branch or something..." you replied while dusting off your dress for the nth time today.

A dramatic gasp escaped his lips while his hand flew to his heart, "I thought you knew I was into a cleaner way of killing characters."

You rolled your eyes at his fake-offended act and continued walking down the path, leaving him behind.

It was no secret that you were just winging it until you actually found a task to perform, even if it was your book, you didn't really finish writing it, hell you didn't even have a plot. You and your little siblings just enjoyed the world building and tried to add as many things you liked as possible, so to say that you knew what was going to happen would be a big fat lie.