11 ✎ Pure Alexia

One morning

One morning.

Wonwoo wished for one morning. Just one morning of not being woken up by his roommates' incessant bickering. Sure he loved them alot, they were his bestfriends since middle school, but he still could never get used to their loudness.

Pulling the covers away from his head and squinting his left eye open, he could make out Soonyoung's voice arguing that the ocean could be considered as soup, and Seokmin absolutely losing his shit about it. Just a usual Thursday morning.

Wonwoo groaned, plopping on his back again. Might as well start the day now that I'm up... His feet searched for the slippers on the side of his bed, when he finally found them he stood up and streched, giving his neck a little scratch.

After freshing up, the first thing he did was turn his PC on, then he left to get his morning coffee to start working on his manuscript. He was much more productive at night, but he couldn't just lay around waiting for inspiration to come.

After a couple of hours of filling up his word document with words, his phone buzzed with a familiar alarm. He glanced at it already knowing what it was about. Check your stupid e-mails.

He had to ( forcibly) set up an alarm for it after receiving an earful from his editor, Seungcheol, for never checking his emails and almost missing the deadlines. One too many times. Why the hell would I check my emails? That's where the fucking emails are...

He saved his document and opened a new tab, to his already logged account.

His slender fingers slid down the mousepad, scrolling past a sea of newsletters he didn't even remember subscribing to, his eyes scanning the list for any new emails from his editor until they fell on one titled "Pimp My Wip book entry!"

"Ah! I completely forgot about that." Wonwoo clicked on the mail, internally chuckling at the fact that you actually kept up with that stupid deadline he made up on the spot.

"Good morning Wonwoo! Or evening! I'm not sure when you'll see this so I'll play it safe..."

He stopped and smiled at the amount of exclamation marks you used, he didn't know where to put them in e-mails either.

"I hope you don't mind me writing informally to you, I don't really have the time to treat this email as a professional one. Plus I've been following you since your early days on Youtube so it would feel kind of weird to treat you like my 67 years old college professor.

As I mentioned earlier, I've been a huge fan of your works as an author and I'm forever grateful for your writing tips and videos. You helped me and many others enhance our skills. Having you review my work in progress is a step closer to making my dream come true, so I'd like to thank you for this opportunity, from the bottom of my heart!

You'll find the attachment of my book below.

Have a great day!!