prologue

It was a haze of white. Or black. Maybe even gray. But she couldn't see, couldn't feel, couldn't wake up

She was asleep, but felt awake. In the present, she was only a limp body, resting, sleeping, but in this new reality, she was floating, drifting, flowing, along with the grayish-blue tinted mist, leading her to somewhere. Maybe it was nowhere. Or possibly even everywhere.

In this new reality, everything was nothing, yet also something, all different, all unique.

Somewhere, far, far away, she knew something big was happening. Something that shouted important, but yet, she couldn't remember what it was, couldn't place her finger on the thought that was just out of reach.

The world blurred around her, and she grasped around blindly, as everything rapidly became lighter, brighter, like a supernova about to explode.

A voice suddenly sliced through her mind, seizing back the blanket of mist, her thoughts and memories surging back into her head, with just one word: wake! 

The word pulled her up, blasting her higher and higher, until Ro sat bolt up right on the hard floor, dumped back into her body.

She writhed on the floor, expecting to be able to move her limbs freely, only to find herself tangled in... Sheets? 

No, not tangled- bound in sheets. 

She glanced up at the blond boy who used to be so active and happy but was now bony and weak, holding a blue crystal up to the light. Keefe Cassius Sencen. Lord Funkyhair. Master mischief-maker. Her charge who she had sworn on her life to protect. But most importantly, her friend. 

She was hit with surprise, when the deep-blue feeling of sadness trickled through her, instead of the angry redness she had expected.

"You're going to regret this." Ro warned him. 

He nodded and stepped into the light. But before Keefe glittered away, Ro still saw a tear roll down his cheek.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Hello fellow reader! So firstly, I just want to say, thank you for choosing this book to read, instead of one of the other few million Sokeefe fanfictions on wattpad lol. Sorry that this chapter was so short, I just wanted to write about the part where Keefe left Splendor Plains in Ro's perspective. This is the prologue though... But the other chapters will definitely be alottttttttt longer. This is also my first story/ fan fiction on Wattpad so hopefully you enjoy it. If something doesn't line up with the actual Kotlc books, please let me know! Also feel free to give constructive criticism, but please no hate or inappropriate comments or anything. If you don't like anything about this story that I write, you can give suggestions to me on how you would like it changed, but please keep any rude comments to yourself. Thanks again for reading this book, see you at the next chapter!

your author, Isla, out >>

edit: I am currently editing this book, so sorry if things are confusing

[𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙙]