What's his name?

Depuis le début

"Well she's approaching you, so get ready." Birdie tells me, and I look again to see Scarlett walking forward. I throw the shot back, keeping my eyes on her, and she makes eye contact with me right when I do. She approaches, and I open my arm to her, still shaking my head.

"Don't say it." I hug her to me with one arm, and she hugs me back with both.

"That was hot." She looks up at me, and I roll my eyes.

"You look hot." I tell her, playing off of her own words.

"Don't I?" she asks, moving back posing for me.I laugh, and Sierra walks up, looking beautiful too.

"You look beautiful." I compliment her, and pull her into a hug. She hugs me back, and looks me up and down.

"You look good yourself." She compliments me back, and I wave my hand at her.

"Oh stop." I joke.

"Now I want a drink." Sierra moves past me, and Scarlett tugs on her arm.

"Be careful please." She speaks in a low whisper, and I watch the interaction, seeing how odd it feels. Scarlett is protective of her sister always, but never the mom type.. Sierra leans against the bar, and I watch as Scarlett takes a water from the bar. Birdie is now off with Sierra, and I assume some of her friends. I wouldn't know I didn't organize any of this, my wallet did. I look at Scarlett and nod my head towards one of the booths. She nods back to me, and the two of us walk together.

"How has your first week at home been?" I ask her, knowing I haven't seen her at all today.

"Boring, but also so exciting because I've been really planning the line, what I want with it, what I need to do with it.. But health wise I don't think it's smart to keep working the entire time... So I take breaks, watch TV, cook... Well I tried to cook." She tells me, and I look at her quickly.

"Did you catch my apartment on fire?" I ask, and she shakes her head. "No smoke damage?" I ask, and she shakes her head. I sigh in relief, and she shoves me.

"I wouldn't do that... That's also my home now, I need a place to live." She argues, and I nod with a smile.

"You said home." I taunt her.

"Yes, home. You are there, Sierra is there.. Home isn't and will never be a place." She tells me.

"It's people." I finish, and she nods.

"Exactly." She smiles up at me, and ever since we kissed it's felt warmer between the two of us. But not in a friendly way which is the worst part for me... but I keep ignoring it. Definitely for her sake, not mine.. I can't have her running away from me, I know I couldn't handle that.

"You've been avoiding me." I mention, and she looks at me from the side.

"Have not." She argues.

"Have so.. You've never had people over this often before, and I know that because you even had Birdie here on Wednesday, and that's supposed to be our day." I argue.

"I've been... um... busy." She tells me.

"You don't have to avoid me Scarlett. I told you it wouldn't happen again. I told you I wouldn't bring it up, but you're making me bring it up." I explain.

"You don't need to bring it up.. Stop bringing it up." She angles her body towards me, and I look down at her.

"We kissed... So what. Sometimes friends kiss friends.. It happens..It's not a big deal, especially since it won't happen again, right?" I ask her, and I watch her slowly nod as she looks up at me. I do notice it... When her eyes look between my eyes and my lips. I don't think she realizes how noticeable everything she does is.. I noticed the other day when we were on the couch, and I was talking to her... She does it so often when we're close like this, and it makes it so hard to keep my word. "Do you want a drink? It's an open bar." I tell her, and she shakes her head.