On the Other Side

The banging of the door echoed throughout the floor and Ghost could swear they heard the other two crash into the bedroom. The criminal rejoiced at all the chaos their presence could cause but when Tinea turned around they hoped that feeling wasn't really intimidation. The last time the two had seen each other, a glass separated them and Tinea still had some self-confidence, safe on the other side. Ghost guessed right by being tackled against the wall with a knife under their throat, that their presence must deep inside, scare the young man.

Tinea: I should have aimed at your throat and slit it straight rather than leaving you with a simple gash on your face.

A mean smile that he was now used to seeing, spreaded across his enemy's face.

Ghost: It's never too late to repair your mistake.

The young man could feel his blood boiling in his veins, but he did not have the soul of a murderer or the pretense of a judge. He would have liked to decorate their face a second time, but it would only be a lousy game of revenge and hate. Ghost's blue eyes met his, in a challenge that went unanswered. Instead, Tinea let go, tucking his blade back into his jacket.

Ghost wished they could be entertained by their former colleague's rage longer, but the young man only displayed an annoying expression of pain.

Tinea: ... Why would he...

In continuation of his usual inappropriate gestures, Ghost moved a few steps closer to Tinea, running their fingers along his cheek.

Ghost: Aw, poor thing. Your boyfriend doesn't even care enough to- AAAY !

Tinea hadn't retaliated, having heard footsteps on his right, echoing faintly in the hotel's hallway. A sound that Ghost had missed, too busy with their cruel little games. Within seconds they found themself pinned to the ground, their arms locked behind their back in a painful position that reminded them of their adventures with the police.

Tinea: Where did you learn that ?

Conrad: You learn a few self defense tactics when you work in the medical field.

The young man's face lit up within seconds of Conrad's arrival, who like a savior had rid him of Ghost, struggling under the weight of the man.

***

Meanwhile, on the other side of the door ...

The two young men had abandoned the pleas, knowing full well that no one would release them from their prison. They were sitting with their backs against the wall and their butts on the floor, awaiting the final judgment. One of them wasn't sure if the time was right or not, but he spoke up anyway.

Attila:... I'm sorry.

Antony turned his head in his direction, looking a little surprised but obviously in anticipation of a follow-up.

Attila: I mean -... You were right...

The radio host looked down, avoiding eye contact as he delivered his speech.

Attila:... I'm jealous but I don't want to be mean because of it, I respect what you need and what you want. Even if it's not me-

Antony: Shut up.

Attila: Tony !

His friend's sudden obfuscation when he said the insult made him laugh, despite the discussion.

Antony: Don't be a moron, I need you and I want you but as my best friend.

Attila: You're right, you're right...

A calm silence settled between the two for a few moments. Antony's gaze circled the room, in a last hope of finding a way out.

Attila: We could jump out of the window.