The Sun

Their hand rested on the end of the tray, adjusting the yellowish plastic on the canteen table. The poorly cooked potatoes layed there, surrounded by a mysterious sauce and meat that surely did not come from a living being.

Before they could throw themself on this plate to devour every crumbs, an inmate colleague placed a piece of paper to their right.

Their eyes rolled to the ceiling, knowing every detail of this almost "routine" they despised so much.

"Their damn orders again 《 Take that back to room 213 and don't forget to go to the bathroom to get the package, or you know what's waiting, newbie. 》 I'll fuck you theses packets of coke deep in your ass, what a pathetic way of life." Their voiced thoughts were interrupted by the arrival of a guard.

The two stared at each other for a moment, they knew well whether he saw the paper or not didn't matter, half of the guards being involved in the drugs affairs between one or two sexual abuse.

"You have a visitor."

That was unexpected.

***

His fingernails tapped on the wood of the ledge, opposite to him : a chair, separated from him by a plexiglass pane.

When his eyes met theirs, the two missed a heartbeat, suspicion and resentment were the key words of the exchange.

The prisoner rested his butt in the seat, more comfortable than those inside the prison, surely to reassure the prisoner's families about the comfort of life of their dear criminals.

Tinea could see his ex-colleague jaw clench in the doubt of his venue, before he finally grabbed the phone; linking their discussion.

Ghost: ... Wow, it's the first time I see this room, I didn't even know visits existed until now.

Their sarcastic tone did not fail to challenge the young man, wondering if Ghost was seriously reproaching him for never coming to visit them.

Ghost: How were your vacations ?

Tinea: Good.

Ghost: I know you don't like small talk. How are you ? How is the weather ?

The tentativeness of annoyance sounded funny enough for Tinea to let a little smile out, before retrieving a serious face.

Tinea: ... I will keep it simple. I need to know where the book is.

An eyebrow rose on the other side of the glass.

Tinea: You know I only trust myself. Something that dangerous needs to be in safe hands.

Ghost: Didn't your little bugaboo keep it ?

Tinea: Yes. He's a bitch. I shouldn't have let him take it. I know you know his identity, keep it short to his address, I can rob him.

The response was everything but what he could have expected, Ghost bursting in laughter like an hysteric.

Tinea: ... What's so funny, crime bitch ?

Ghost: Aaah, nothing.. nothing. The irony, I guess. How is Antony doing ?

Tinea: Ugh... You're such a stalker.

Ghost: Does that surprise you ?

Tinea: What is surprising is that I still don't have the address of Mr.Bug.

Ghost: ... I don't have it.

Tinea: Don't play with me, I know you stopped by his place before our final battle. Nice scar by the way, what type of cat did that to you ?