Chapter 14

Everrett stood with his back pressed tightly against Ford's door as it rattle with anger. Ford was throwing a tantrum at such a mythic level, he couldn't stay at home because he would scare Penny. This had been going on for days.He had been in a bad mood all weekend and everyone but him could tell why. All he knew was that he would be taking it out on everything and everyone.

The sound of thrashing and things toppling over exploded from Ford's room. His angry growls and howls shook the house then turned into soft whimpers of pain and distress. He just kept repeating "Why? Why? Why?" as he circled his room. Everrett only grimaced at the thought of Ford's Mom's react, she loves this house. They were hiding in a small cabin somewhere deep in the woods, far away from anyone else in a protected part of the forest.

Miles paced in circles at the end of the hall getting ready to switch places with Everrett.They we're making sure Ford wouldn't do anything too reckless, he wouldn't hurt anyone but they weren't one hundred percent sure if that. A howl followed by an aggressive shake of the door caused them both to flinch.Ford had always been the brooding moody type when things hadn't gone his way but now he was escalating to a full blown breakdown. The noise had finally came to an erupt stop. His loud breathes growing weaker and weaker.

"Can we come in?" Everrett mindlinked Ford. There was a brief period of silence. There was silence for the first time in days. They all sat with tense jaws and knuckles waiting for the next boom or crash or the first attempt to pry open Ford's vulnerable mind. Shame bubbled up in his chest, this is the first time he had ever lashed out so horribly, he was ashamed. Ashamed because he was the next Alpha to rise, how could he behave like this? So irrational and childish. He had even scared his little sister, who's life was scary enough. His shame simmering inside and stewing in his anger,resentment and confusion.

"Ok we won't come in but we'll sit outside the door," He said sliding down the wall. Miles moved to sit next to Everrett, if their Alpha was going through something today, so were they. They were best friends even brothers. Ford let out one more deep breath.

"Fine," he said faintly from his side.

They talked and talked for what felt like hours. Ford never seemed to stop moving his feet, pacing back and forth. While they were silent Miles began flipping through stories on Snapchat where he saw videos of what seemed to be a party. Every few stories he'd see the same house, same couch, same bright purple solo cups.

"I wonder who's party that is... and why I wasn't invited," Miles mumbled slightly pouting.

"That's it! We should go get wasted, it the weekend anyways."Everrett smirked "Ford maybe you should come, blow some steam."

"I don't need to blow off anything, I'm perfectly fine-"

"Found it!"

"It's rude to go to a party you weren't invited to anyways," Ford mumbled.

"Dude parties like this don't have invitations. People just kinda show up and get drunk," Everrett shrugged

"Well I still think it's rude, at least bring a gift."

"Some people do but it's usually just more shitty alcohol."

"Wait, I found out whose party it was-," Miles suddenly cut himself off. He tilted his phone towards the blonde sitting next to him. Without thinking he read off the screen:

"Enyo's 18th, 7pm, 1574 Marble Parkway, No Costume No Entree."

"What?" Ford's voice sounded hollow yet stunned. His slowly began spiral into panic. But she was supposed to have it at his lake house, what if she hated him? What if they'd never be friends again? For some reason that just seemed unbearable. Miles punched Everrett square in the arm.