Chapter 7

(1544 words) (notice at the end plz read)
"What the actual fuck is wrong with you Ford," Miles said gripping onto Ford's shoulders shaking him harshly. His face was tomato red, maybe it was from the smile that Enyo gave him or maybe it was the rush of blood going to his head from Miles shaking so hard.

Everett swung his bag over his shoulders still wide-eyed at what Ford had done. He wasn't a bad guy but he definitely wasn't known for random acts of kindness. for as long as Everett has known for it wasn't like him.

"Why would you offer the lake house? Especially a week before your parents anniversary?" Miles slammed cups into the small garbage.

"I- I don't know," Ford shrugged frantically "I- She... she just looked upset and I panicked." He ran his fingers through his hair.

His voiced trailed as a slight tingly feeling shot through his arm. A warm, almost hot, tenderness spread through his fingers to his palm. Almost as if it the sensation was traveling through his blood. Then suddenly a loud snapping took him out of that electric feeling.

"Dude are you okay? Like seriously," Miles asked with a concerned voice matching the wrinkles on his forehead.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired, anyways you can go pay for the stuff now. Sorry I made you guys come all the way out here," he slipped his card out of his back pocket handing it over to Everrett. A like pink covered his ears as he itched behind them.

Most of the college students have already gone and the lights were dim. A small group of teens formed a line to a register.

Everrett cleared his throat and almost in an instant the line split. A Gamma's power was nothing to mess with. He waltzed up to the cash register and rang the bell. Karmin irritatedly rushed to the register from the back room.

"Yes? Are you ready to pay your tabs now?," she asked in a monotone.

"Hmm... No I think I'll order just one more drink," he smirked eyeing the menu. She groaned and hung her head.

"Unfortunately sir if you want to order another drink you will have to get in the back of the line because there are other people waiting," she said gritting through her teeth. Everett gazed over his shoulder to the scruffy looking students behind him to shook their heads viciously. She let out a defeated sigh as he chuckled.

"I think I'll hold off on the drink. I'll just pay the tab for me and those two fine gentlemen," he point over to Ford and Miles who were still bickering. He pressed his lips ups together and embarrassment and handed her the card.

After paying the trio walked outside to see Enyo saying goodbye and kissing the phone to her mom. After hanging up her shoulders relaxed, she gazing up at the stars as if a weight has been lifted off her shoulders.

This was the first time Ford had really stared at her. The way the moon shun on her deep brown skin, the way it hit her thick curly hair that haloed her head and broad shoulders. Her curls fell past them reached the bottom of her back. You could see her long toned legs under her black jean shorts to combat the April warmth. Lightly faded scare adorned her arms and legs. Watching the way her muscles moved under her skin as she rapidly tapped her foot made Ford shutter.

As she made eye contact with him she bolted over on her tippy toes, hand clasped behind her back.

"Sorry I just needed to talk to my mom but thank you again so much! We can talk more about this on Monday," she chirped excitedly on her toes "I bet you need to get home."

Suddenly her eyes narrows focusing in on his face. He could feel his face heat up under her stern gaze.

"Wait you have something on your face," her hand reached out to wipe it. The color from Ford's face had completely drain and he became stiff as a board till a hand reached over him and grasped her wrist with such strength the veins popped in his arms.