Chapter 8: ROSEY

Começar do início

"Even if they insist it's possible, I still have my doubts. Could Vampires who was born an immortal turn into a human? The answer simply is impossible," Tim explains, still deep in daze and barely started eating.

I trail my eyes to the other vampire's pet and my brows dipped in a sense of pity.

She's so petrified that she can't stop shaking and stare down at the floor with terror.

I scan the skin that was on display and noted she's been bitten a lot in a small timeline.

I shudder. I can't even imagine that kind of pain reappearing every hour or so.

I glance at Master.

I haven't realized this till now, but I'm just happy I got to be his pet than the others' pet. I don't think I'll be alive if I was another's pet.

Cool dread chilled my blood.

The thought of not being Master's pet put me into a small frenzy. If I was human, maybe it wouldn't bug me as much like it does now.

But I'm not human and with the collar and the Wolftoxin, it reduces a great amount of my strength and energy. The feeding as well, so the idea of being fed of more than once, made me slightly panicked.

I would never know if Master would become bored of me. It would always remain an unfinished puzzle. A mystery.

"There are Lords that started experimenting with it," Tim explains, causing my attention to snap back to him.

Did it work?

"I'm only guessing failure?" Master asks with half lidded eyes as he fixed it on Tim.

The vampires around the table stared at them, pausing what they were doing and staring at Master with curiosity.

Like they were expecting something.

An argument I could only guess.

The vampire who brought the subject into life, pursed his lips outwards to the side and thinked, before gazing back at Master.

He smiled tenderly. The kind of smile that made shivers trickle down my spine.

"There has been, but there is one that hasn't died from the injection—"

"Yet," Master interrupted, lazily pointing his fork at the vampire.

"You have little believe in this new technology," the vampire sneered, clearly displeased.

Master sighs, dropping his fork in his bowl before his fingers entwined.

I silently sigh as well.

Another breakfast jeopardized.

"I don't inescapably like hoping for things that seems to be impossible," Master calmly explained, standing from his seat.

I was quicker on my feet before Master was, pushing my chair in.

"So you wish to stay a vampire?" he spat, glaring at Master.

My eyes widened at the hatred that lingered in those eyes.

I turn my gaze on Master and was surprised to find his icy look of warning blaze through the vampire.

I gulp, the sudden fear clawing through my heart.

I press my hands aside me to prevent any shaking and stared down at the floor.

I knew there was no harm to be done, except if Master becomes furious and lacks the taste of...blood. My blood.

It only happened a few times, but I've never liked the experience. He was harsher than the other bites, so when he tends to get angry, I stay deathly still. He'll be too deep in his trance of anger that he won't realize my presence, except if he wishes to calm down. Then he'll search for me.

For my blood, especially.

However, where as I knew there is no harm...yet, my mind doesn't seem to puzzle the pieces like I do. Except expect attacks.

"I've lived as one for centuries, Luke. And even if the injection works to succeed to change you back into the former human you were, or never was, there is still things we can't change."

"And how the hell would you know that?" he sneers.

A distressed whimper escaped me before I could restrain it. My whole body tensed and staring at him with painful fear.

Master sighs, before he replied, "I don't. But as for the stories I've heard of other countries trying, succeeding and then be disappointed, I simply can't help but find this whole thing ridiculous. As for one, you will age. The years you were a vampire and not aging, would catch up with you sooner than later. You might live a few months, but as for the newly turned vampires, they could probably live a normal human life without the worry of their lifespan pacing to an end quicker than natural... Maybe."

With a shrug of Master's shoulders, he turned around and left with me following behind him.

"Then stay the monster you were born, Drake!" Luke bellowed.

Master's shoulders shook when I heard a soft chuckle. To be honest, it surprised me.

Why was he laughing when he was insulted?

"Right, and you aren't?" Master mocked, never turning around to face Luke.

I glanced behind my shoulder and shrunk with fear when I realized he was boiling.

Boiling with fury.

I trot to reach Master's side and kept my head bowed down while crossing my fingers that if Luke decided to bounce at me, Master would save me.

Like last time.

I sigh. I put too much trust into him and I knew, even if I tried denying it, it would destroy me.

To trust, you need to accept pain. And that was my worst fear—

To be hurt.

~~~

I hope that you enjoyed the chapter❤

Pls comment, vote and share among your friends.

I haven't put any messages throughout the chapters except now. But for those who read my work, I can't say how grateful I am❤❤❤

Remember to comment please❤❤

If you have any questions about the story so far, ask in the comments and I'll answer it on the next chapter!

Hope you'll have a great day❤❤❤