Lost My GD Mind {23}

Start from the beginning

When we get to base, I jump off my bike and head to the back barn, but Dad shouts out the car window at me, "Where the hell you going? Help carry these pies in."

"Dad." I drop my head back in defeat. "I'll be right back I was just-"

"You were just going to get your ass back over here and help your Nan," Dad cuts me off.

I trudge back to Nan's burgundy eighties Cadillac. I was going to come back right after I snagged Ollie to help. I know she'd be more than willing to give Nan a hand and would have been a great icebreaker.

Dad loads up Dameon and my arms before guiding him back to the big barn. The sizeable open warehouse is filled with the savory scent of holiday foods. Piles of cut turkey, mashed potatoes, all sorts of stuffings, and other fixings are spread out on tables buffet style. Tables are lined out in rows with metal chairs pulled up to them.

Andy goes out of his way to put on the dog during Thanksgiving to bring family to those that don't have them. A lot of the Pirates are social rejects just looking for a place to fit in. Like Dad and I. We have Nan, but that's about it. My dad's sister, Kim, sees us as the life she wants to forget. When she used to be poor before she found a rich douche to help her climb the social ladder, she has her perfect upper-middle-class posh life and doesn't want to remember us. That is until one of her kids steps out of line. I glance over at the demon as he walks toward the dessert table next to me. He eyes my brothers with excitement and wonder. I guess it wouldn't hurt to help get him into our motorcycle club. Like Dad, Nan, and I, he's been rejected by his mom too because he doesn't fit in her cookie-cutter life.

Dameon catches me looking at him, making his smile widen, before winking and giving me an air kiss.

Little shit.

With a roll of my eyes, I guide Dameon over to the dessert table so that we can drop off our load.

"Hey, Zane," Tory, a chocolate-brown-haired girl coos. She bites her full red lip as her warm, toasted honey eyes run over me.

"Hey, Tory," I quietly mutter as my attention falls to the others in the room looking for my girl, but unfortunately, she's nowhere to be seen. I turn my attention back to the sassy beauty as she helps lighten my heavy load.

Tory is one of those types of girls that stick around the base looking for a good time. Ollie likes to call them good time girls. Many of the single guys and even a few ladies in our club indulge in some of their basic needs with girls like Tory. I typically don't indulge, but Tory is one of the girls I've taken some of my recent frustrations out on.

"Have you seen Ollie here yet?" I ask Tory, hoping my girl is here. 

 Tory's dark brows pinch together as she moves to Dameon and helps him by grabbing the pies out of his arms.

"No," she shakes her head, sending her ponytail waving behind her. "I haven't seen her, but Andy and Tamarah are here."

My shoulders sink. She's not coming.

"Probably because Creed is bringing her," Dameon adds.

My head snaps toward him, and unease settles in the pit of my stomach. She's coming with him? "How the hell do you know that?"

Dameon's brows rise at the harsh tone in my voice. Even Tory's gaze shifts between the two of us as she rearranges the desserts.

"Because she told me. I asked her if she'd be my date to this dinner. I thought it'd be a sure yes, since she's coming anyway, but I guess Creed beat me to it. Which means-" his gaze shifts to Tory as he plasters a playboy smile on his face, "I'm free tonight."