Lost My GD Mind {23}

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes as I scoot off my bed and grab a black hoodie with the pirate's symbol printed on the back. I have been extra snippy with him and everyone else around me lately. Dad's been grounding my ass over the last couple of weeks because of it.

I tug my hoodie over my head before glancing at the demon leaning against my door frame and staring down the hall. She still talks to him. "Demon." My voice comes out sharper than I intended, but it gets his attention nonetheless. "Do you know if Ollie is going to this dinner?"

His brows furrow. "Yeah, it's one of ya'lls Pirate club thing. Of course she's going."

My shoulders relax. I know it was a dumb question, but I wouldn't put it past her to skip the dinner with the level of avoidance that Ollie's been pulling lately. Now, at least I'll get to see her there, and it'll be harder to avoid me like she does at school. Maybe I can get her to talk to me again.

I brush past Dameon with a little quicker step than I had before, eager to get to base. Dameon comes up behind me and stuffs his hands in the pocket of his grey hoodie. "About your club, think Uncle Pete and Ollie's dad would let me join?"

"No." I scoff. Even if they did, the little shit would bug the hell out of the other members and would never get voted in, and that's if he could make it through the prospect stage.

"Really? Cause I figured if they let you, I'd have a chance."

I turn back to find a huge shit-eating grin plastered on his face. "Fucker," I grumble before reaching the door and throwing it open, and stepping out onto the front porch.

"Can you maybe recommend me?" Dameon locks the door behind us and skips to keep up with me.

I scoff at his request. Not sure why the hell he'd think I'd recommend him to become a prospect.

"Oh, come on. Help me out, and I'll help you?" He offers.

I raise a skeptical brow. "How the hell are you going to help me and with what?"

A smug smile crosses his face as he puffs out his chest. "With your pent up frustration."

Since my 'pent up frustration' is from not getting to talk to Ollie or let myself fuck her like I do in my dreams, I'm going to say that's a hard pass. "No thanks."

"Oh come on, I know just what you need."

I hate to admit it, but the devious tone in his voice piques my interest. I stop and look at the connected drive between my house and Nan's. Dad's helping Nan load the last few pies into her car. I stop before we get within earshot of Dad and turn to Dameon. "What do I need?"

A puckish glint shines in the corner of Dameon's eye. "I'll show you, but you gotta swear, if you go through with it, you gotta help me get into the Pirates." Dameon holds his hand out to me to shake. "Deal?"

Reluctantly I take his hand and shake it. "Deal." I feel like I've just made a deal with the devil. Something in me tells me this isn't a good idea. Whatever he's got up his sleeve isn't probably something I should get myself into, but that's part of the appeal. If it gets Ollie out of my head and this hollowness that's settled in my chest filled, maybe it'll be worth it. At least until I can figure out how to fix things between Ollie and me.

I didn't allow myself to get romantically involved with her in case things didn't work out and I'd lose her forever over something stupid. One drunk night turned that plan on its head.

"Quit holding hands, and get your asses over here!" Dad's full-toned voice barrels across the lawn to us.

"Quit holding hands, and get your asses over here!"  Dad's full-toned voice barrels across the lawn to us