Chapter 2: First encounter

Waver Velvet, once known as Lord El-Melloi II until he had returned the title of Lord to Reines El-Melloi Archisorte, was determined to dismantle the Holy Grail and end the Holy Grail Wars once for all.

Ten years after the end of the Fifth Holy Grail War he had tried to do so, but certain circumstances prevented this from happening.

The first was the opposition of the members of the Mage Association determined to take possession of it. Honestly, Waver had lived and seen enough to know what types of sick personalities magi had, so he wasn't really surprised about that.

The second point was, however, the opposition of Rin Tohsaka. At first, he wondered why a survivor like him, who saw what the Holy Grail War was, but the reason was "shocking".

Going to Japan, he met Shirou Emiya, another survivor of the Fifth Holy Grail War, and Rin Tohsaka and learned of the reason for the opposition.

A child.

Of all the mysteries with which he had to deal, the birth of a demi-servant was something unthinkable because a servant needed magical energy to stay in the world and things like sperm and food were just a means to reintegrate the lost magical energy.

"After what happened then, I told Gray never to go to Fuyuki again," Waver sighed wearily.

"Do you mean after Fuyuki's massacre?" Reines smiled mockingly. "That's one of the few mysteries you failed to dismantle."

Waver let out a grunt. He had solved many mysteries and did not believe that there was a mystery that had no solution after Doctor Heartless, at least until that.

"According to what he reported, even using the words of a child, the man shot weapons from golden gates." Waver knew who Yuto was describing. He had seen him with his own eyes during the Fourth Holy Grail War. "I do not doubt that the killer was the King of Heroes," he said frowned.

"A servant, huh? I wonder who could summon a servant to kill a common family?" Reines said with a slight smile. "Leaving that aside, it seems that the Sixth Holy Grail War had begun and that the Mage Association has sent its representatives even this time."

Sensing Reines' slight allusion, Waver tensed up. He knew it wouldn't go unnoticed that a relic disappeared from the Clock Tower, but have they found out so soon?

"Did I hit a nerve, big brother?" Reines asked sarcastically.

Waver pretended to cough and put himself together. It was not as if Reines had tattled, otherwise, she would have already told all the other Lords and high-ranking members of the Clock Tower.

"The Greater Grail is too dangerous to continue to exist." Since the Mage Association had opposed him regarding the dismantling of the Holy Grail, they were ignorant of the fact that it had been corrupted by Avenger by distorting its ability to grant wishes.

"Oh, I see," Reines chuckled. "So this is his last job."

Waver did not answer.

"I thought that after the incident that occurred in Wales six months ago, you had decided not to entrust any more tasks to that guy," Reines said. "And still regarding that incident, it seems that the Department of Policies intends to put a Sealing's Designation on him."

Waver sighed, releasing the cigar smoke. "I imagined it," he said casually. "After all, hundreds of people have died, almost revealing to the whole world the existence of magecraft."

"It's strange for him to make such a mistake," Reines grinned. "Until now he had been a good mercenary, so much so that many began to believe that he was the reincarnation of the infamous Magus Killer Kiritsugo Emiya."