O-S Little Shop of Horrors AU (Herb x Sparkling)

A/N: I apologize in advance.
TW: Lots of blood, Sparkling is in an abusive relationship, Herb kills a few people, and a mean green mother from outer space eats people

"WHAT THE- YOU CAN TALK?!?!?" Herb backed away from the plant, tripping over his watering can.

"Mmmmhmmmm," said the plant. "Now feed me!"

"Wh-wh-wh-what do you want me to do?! Cut myself?! I can't give you that much blood!" Herb felt so small compared to the hungry plant.

"No, no, no. That's not what I want." It chuckled. "I don't want your blood!"

"WHAT?!?!?!" Herb shook his head. "I'm going insane. My brain is trying to get me to kill someone and you're a hallucination."

"Oooh baby! You wish your brain could conjure up something so extraordinary!" Sparkling II chuckled.

"I can't kill someone!" Herb frowned.

"Ohhhh, not even... for him?" Sparkling II nodded to the window of his flower shop.

Herb carefully stood to his feet, looking out the window. There was Sparkling, dressed up in his beautiful clothes, wearing sunglasses and a scarf. Behind him stood Vampire. He grabbed Sparkling's wrist and pulled him back to his side. "Where do you think you're going?"

"I- I- I was gonna go visit Herb." Sparkling backed away.

"Why do you want to go see him? Am I not enough?!" Vampire backed Sparkling against a brick wall. He pulled off the scarf and bit down on his neck. Hard. "You think you deserve better than me?! Well you're wrong." He brought a hand up to Sparkling's mouth, muffling the screams of pain. Then, he yanked Sparkling inside the building, up the stairs, and into their apartment. He hit Sparkling with full force, looked out the window, and drew the curtains.

Herb balled his fists and gritted his teeth.

"I'm so hungry Herb," whined Sparkling II. "And that vampire looks like food."

Herb nodded. "Yeah, alright. I'll feed you."

***
TW: THIS SCENE TURNED OUT A LOT MORE GRAPHIC THAT I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE! CONTINUE WITH CAUTION! THERE IS NO SHAME IN CLOSING THIS BOOK! VIOLENCE, ASSISTED UNINTENTIONAL SUICIDE, SLOW DEATHS, NEEDLES, AND LOTS OF MENTIONS OF BLOOD! VAMPIRE IS SADISTIC AND HE WORKS AS A NURSE IN A BLOOD BANK DRAWING BLOOD!

Herb smiled as he was roughly pushed into the chair. "Now, now. I have a tendency to miss the vein. Apologies in advance," said the vampire with a greedy smile as he picked up the needle. "This is gonna hurt."

"When was the last time you donated some of your own," asked Herb, wincing as he was aggressively stabbed repeatedly in the arm.

"Ohhhh I like the sound of that." Vampire stabbed himself as well, drawing blood. "Now it's a party." He licked his own wound, staring Herb in the eyes. Then, he picked the needle back up again. "I can't die from blood loss, Herb. But you can."

"Really? Not even if you slit your throat?" Herb winced again as Vampire stuck the needle deep into his arm and left it there.

"Good idea! Let's test it!" Vampire grinned as he grabbed a knife out of his pocket. He held it to his throat and cut. "See, I can't," he paused, coughing. "I can't die from..." Then, he began to choke.

Herb watched with wide eyes, holding his breath as the red haired sadist coughed and sputtered, choking on his own blood. He stumbled and fell backwards as he gripped his throat, looking to Herb, pleading him to help him. "Herb," he begged, his voice strained. "Please... why?"

"Because of him."

"Him?" He paused. "Oh.... him." With that, he was dead once more.

Herb sighed. "I can't believe I just did that."

***

"Here. Food." Herb dropped the corpse in front of Sparkling II.

"Chop it up!"

"WHAT?! NO!"

Sparkling II turned its head with a huff. "Chop it up!"

Herb groaned loudly and dragged it to his apartment. There, he did just that. Unfortunately, Mint Choco had to walk in at that exact moment. He quickly ran out without Herb noticing. That night, as Herb fed Vampire to Sparkling II, Mint Choco lay awake wondering what the best decision to make was.

***

Almond gave Sparkling the news two weeks later. Vampire had been declared dead. Sparkling immediately burst into tears, and Almond wrapped him in a hug. Then, Sparkling ran off to cry.

Herb followed nervously. "Sparkling?"

"They say he's dead."

"Would it really be such a shame if he was?"

Sparkling sobbed. "No. It'd be a damn miracle. I feel so guilty!"

"Would you still like me even if I..." He couldn't bring himself to finish his sentence. Sparkling didn't need him to. He walked over, crying into Herb's shoulder before pulling back and grabbing his compact mirror to check his face in a panic. Herb gently reached out, grabbing the mirror and closing it. "Don't be afraid to let your makeup run. Here, take my Kleenex, how about you wipe it all away? You don't have to cover your scars and bruises around me. It's not your fault."

"Nobody ever treated me kindly. My dad left me and my mom when I was little. We were so poor. I'd meet a guy and I'd just follow him blindly... he'd snap his fingers... me? I'd say sure... but then suddenly you were standing beside me. Thank you for providing me with sweet understanding."

A/N: I think I'm gonna leave it here. If you guys want I can make a part two and write all the way to the end of Little Shop, but I feel like that works as a good ending for now.