It's Not A Good Day, Is It?

Night had fallen and the city was alive with it's comforting songs of cars beeping, people talking, and more. Having been given a break from Work Study's, Kaori decided it was best to continue the search for her brother again. Where could they have gone after the Hassaikai? What were their plans? Kaori had to make sure her brother was alright, but until she had a lead, it was back to normal patrols as what society called a vigilante. While she may have come off as such, she had a Hero License, making this legal. In a way. She stood atop of a building, two fingers placed to her temple as her eyes scanned over the intersecting streets. She wish she had a better disguise. Using Reverse on herself was a bit more difficult than it was using on others. She couldn't kill herself using her Quirk and she wasn't exactly sure if changing any of her genetics was possible yet. She would take Nighteye's advice and continue researching her Quirk, seeing just how far her limits reached. She heard a small scream, quickly cut off and turning muffled. Her head whipped toward the left, her body already moving toward the edge of the building. She looked down, seeing a woman struggling in the hold of a masked man. She jumped down from the building, landing in silence. 

" Please, let the woman go." She said, her voice coming out deeper than it was. The man whirled around, pointing a gun in her direction. His feet were planted and his stance wasn't sloppy like normal muggers. He knew what he was doing. The woman's hands her grasping the arm around her throat, whimpers and tears spilling out in silence. 

" Let her go." She repeated, walking forward slowly. The gun's direction was now pointed at the woman's head, earning a sharp intake of breath. The woman's face began to scrunch up, her breaths becoming uneven and heavy. 

" Don't think I'm stupid. Here's what you're gonna do; you're gonna go into that ATM and get me 200 grand. You bring it back to me, the lady lives. You don't go, you both will have identical scars." He threatened, pressing the gun into the woman's head more, tears falling as the woman tried to muffle her cries. Kaori balled her fists before letting them fall, repeating this again and again. 

" You're a sad man." She commented, walking forward. 

" You're getting off-track, Hero. Money, now." He demanded, cocking the gun. She stopped in her tracks, 6 feet away from him. She lifted her hands, putting three fingers together. Kaori vanished from sight, leaving the man confused and the woman ballistic with fear. The man was suddenly kicked to the ground, his grip on the woman disappearing. The woman sprang to her feet, running away from him. Kaori reappeared, standing over the man. She held his hands above his head, the gun almost out of his grip. The woman hid behind Kaori, keeping her distance. 

" You're a sad man. You think this will get you anywhere? What are you going to do when all of that money runs out? You need a job, not a criminal record." She reprimanded, forcing the man to his feet. He was definitely above 6ft, but was still being handled by a high-schooler. His nostrils flared before he kicked her torso, forcing her backwards. He reached to the ground, grabbing the gun from the ground. Kaori stood in front of the woman, one arm keeping her behind Kaori, the other outstretched toward the man as the gun faced her palm. 

" You Heroes are bastards. You think it's easy as shit to get a job? I'm not useful for shit! I don't have a DAMN QUIRK LIKE YOU!! Everything is more difficult for us because we're just normal, because all of YOU FREAKS have taken everything we need! We're stuck as your servants!!" He yelled at her, his voice beginning to crack. Kaori took in a deep breath, eyes flashing from his hand to his face, watching as his fingers laced around the trigger. 

" Us freaks have it hard to. Do you know how villains are made? Because people define them by their Quirks. Quirkless people are mistreated and the tables have uneven support, but we're not better because we have gifts. Please, sir, put the gun down." She spoke calmly, trying not to focus on the fear she felt. He breathed in and out, contemplating what to do. Suddenly, his hand moved toward his head and the gun was pointed at himself. Kaori's eyes went wide.