Courtesy Call

" So, what's it like doing a Work Study with Mr. A?" Mina took another bite of her food, munching on it as she turned to her friend. Kaori blinked her eyes a couple of times, still adjusting to the hell of sleep she'd lost. Before work studies she'd managed to score 8 hours of sleep, 2 of which were spent trying to go and stay asleep. Now, it was summed up as a mere 4 hours of sleep. She'd lost the trouble of trying to fall asleep, but the eye-bags were earning a lot of attention.

" It's fun. The city's really pretty at night. You meet a lot of interesting people." She took a sip of her water, thinking back to the kid from the night previous. It'd been about a week since her Work Study started and through that time, she found out what it meant to be a Night Hero and it's best perks. One of them was stopping weird people from doing weird shit. The kid was blasting American music down the block and somebody with a short temper started throwing fists.

" What's it like at night? We see the news of Heroes during the day, but what do all the Night Owls do?" Kaminari asked, taking a big chunk of right and shoving it in his face.

" Weird shit, but in cool ways. There was this kid blasting American music down a block the other night and he said he was experimenting to see what Music he could produce from his vocal chords. I asked him what America listened to and he started speaking utter Gibberish. It was all so high and squeaky, like a kid." She chuckled at the memory, remembering her laughing with the kid.

" Was it Ariana Grande? I've heard she sounds high." Sero added into the conversation. She shook her head, pulling out her phone. She slid it to the middle of the table, letting the song play.

" Junk." Bakugou said, taking the phone from the middle of the table. The table's eyes went wide and they froze in their spot, watching for Kaori's hand to send a deafening smack toward the blonde. Nothing happened as Sero, Kirishima, Kaminari, and Mina held their breath. Bakugou handed it back toward her, playing another weird american band.

" Boom. KISS." Bakugou said. Kaori's face lit up red as her mouth hung open.

" Katsuki-" She began, but he quickly caught on, shoving his hand in her face.

" Not like that, you idiot. It's the band. KISS, the American Band." He said, almost fully breaking out into laughter. She nodded, taking back her phone. The rest of the group was shocked into silence at the scene that rolled before them. The secret couple hadn't taken notice.

" WTF?!"

" eh?"

" WATCH OUT!!"

" AH!"

Kaori ducked low to the ground into a smushed Spider-Man pose, shooting back up as dodged another weird crescent. She ran a circle around the villain, avoiding her Father's attack. He said he usually helped kittens find old ladies, help people with directions. Why is crime so fucking indecisive?! She ran toward the woman, jumping over a crescent, then ducking a crescent. It'd only been about an hour and a half into patrol and they were already fighting a villain on the street. She was known for her successful robberies and had actually managed to rob one that night. She was running on the street with two other thugs when they caught sight of her and chose to engage.

" WOULD YOU STOP DODGING FOR 5 SECONDS?!" The woman yelled at her, sending two straights for the torso. Kaori slid onto her knees, watching it just barely pass over her. She stood again, grabbing a hold of the woman's wrists carefully. The villain struggled in her grasp, wriggling in all directions. The woman gave in before throwing them into the shop's window. The glass shattered and the people screamed, moving toward the back. Kaori stood up from the ground, brushing off the glass on her. She could feel a slick cut on her cheek, quickly smearing the blood on her cheek. She looked outside, seeing her Father handling the two other thugs the woman was with. She looked down at the robber, seeing her holding her sleeve jacket. The woman took her hand away, revealing a giant gash in her shoulder. Kaori knelt down on the ground, reaching out a hand. The robber quickly noticed, creating a crescent within her hand, slicing Kaori's hand. Kaori pulled her hand back, grasping her wrist tightly. The woman lunged forward at her, throwing the crescent of energy at her. She grasped it within her unharmed hand, turning it to dust. The woman starred in horror.