UA SPORTS FESTIVAL Pt. 3

Everyone ran into the doorway, each one being trapped by another. Kaori was elbowed in the stomach and she crouched down. As she looked up, she saw a clear path under people. Too risky. She'd be trampled. As she continued thinking, she noticed ice starting to form. Todoroki. Smart trick. She put her hands together, forcing herself off the ground, allowing the ice to cascade under her. She landed back on the ice, noticing people frozen to the ground and struggling to make their way out. I can get out! She pushed past people, running towards the wall of the tunnel. She walked atop the wall before moving to sprint across the ceiling as she held her hands together. As she came to the end of it, she climbed outside out the tunnel, flipping off of it. She settled on her feet, but just barely. She was closer to falling face forward. She balanced herself out, before putting her fingers (same as always, probably will be throughout the book. It's just the index, middle, and thumb.) together.

Suddenly, she was sent hurdling at a fast pace across the ice. As the ice came to an end, she started running. However, she soon stopped seeing giant robots in her path. Before she could plan anything, a giant wave of ice washed over the robots as they were cut off balance. 

Kaori took this moment and ran forward as the frosty mist blocked everyone's sight. She ran farthest away from the giant robots, keeping her distance as she ran forward at a fast pace. There was a reason he froze them as they were unbalanced. So that it came crashing down and stopped people from beating him. She wasn't that dumb, but this was still a risk. She heard a crash from behind her, a wave of frost covered the area. She put her hand in front of her, keeping the frosty dust out of her eyes. She swiped her hand away, clearing a pit of space for her to see. As Mic continued talking about how Todoroki was top of the charts, she put her hands together, the frost disappearing as she ran out of the Frosty Wasteland.

" WHAT'S THIS?! Kaori Shimura is right on Todoroki's tale! These two were both let in on recommendations, but for different reasons. They both have strong quirks and minds, but Miss Shimura's got a many of tricks with her awesome Quirk!" She heard Mic say. Aw! Present Mic, you're so kind! She continued running, keeping a safe distance from Todoroki in case he tried any of his dirty tricks again. As they neared the next obstacle, her eyes widened. This was....epic! But also intimidating. She could get through this. Let's see, the opposite of falling is standing or flying. However, the opposite of no solid ground is solid ground.....WALKING ON AIR!

" -IT'S THE FALL!" She heard Mic say. She pushed herself to move forward, coming closer to the edge where there were no ropes.

" HEY, HEY, HEY!! WHAT IS SHE DOING!? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO USE THE ROPES, LISTENER!!" Mic called out as she came directly to the edge. Kaori gripped her fists a few times, but her hands together, taking a step forward. I can't mind anything right now. I have to worry about me and getting across. Her hands glowed a bit, giving her the go-ahead. She balanced herself out, taking in a deep breath before taking her first step. She looked down, seeing she was somehow held by an invisible force. Alright. Let's win this. She walked across air, keeping her eyes ahead of her as she walked normally. As she was almost at the end, something whooshed past her, causing her to loose focus for a split second. She sucked in a breath and jumped, tumbling onto the ground. She landed on the rock in a Black Widow pose and looked behind her. People were finally starting to get closer. She growled, turning around and running as fast as possible. There was absolutely no time to relax. She listened to Mic as he talked about the last obstacle. This one would require precision, patience. Something she was good at. She walked onto the minefield, taking her steps carefully. It was almost like...dancing. 

" Remember, hunny. Just move your feet and don't think about it! Let your feet take control!" Her mother said to her, once upon a time ago. An 8 year old Kaori watched as her mother's feet moved across the floor. She looked at her own feet and started moving them like her mother. 

" Mom, look! I'm dancing like you!" 

" C'mon Kai-Chan~! Dance with us!"

" Woo! Go, Ori-Chan! Do your dancey-dance!"

" Time to put those dancing skills to work." Kaori said to herself. She moved her feet gracefully, keeping an eye on the ground. She chuckled silently. This is almost like my old Dancey-Dance with Hana and Koko. She kept her focus to the ground instead of the people getting blown off their feet. She was so close. She only looked ahead of her when she heard Todoroki and Bakugou fighting. Those idiots. As she was coming towards them, there was a giant explosion she couldn't ignore. She looked behind her and saw Midoriya shooting from the sky. 

" What the hell..." She said to herself. She clenched her teeth and continued moving. If you're distracted, you're losing Kaori. Don't stop and stare like those idiots. 

Kaori ran faster, trailing after the three. She slid onto Todoroki's ice path, sliding quickly yet gracefully. She pushed herself to go faster as she ran, coming right up behind the two idiots. She tapped the two idiots on the shoulder with one finger, smirking slightly. Bakugou and Todoroki glanced back at her, surprised.

Both minds : WHERE DID SHE COME FROM?!

She kept her stare ahead as the two boys were confuesed. She ran past them, keeping them behind her as she kept her hands together. As she finally came close to the end, hearing them gasp a little. Good, it means they're slowing down.  As she was about to come out of the exit-

" And in 2nd place we have Shoto Todoroki and in 3rd place, Kaori Shimura!" Mic said through announcements. She stopped running, allowing herself calm down. She saw Midoriya just a few feet away from her and saw him looking at his hand. All 42 students who'd passed walked back up towards the stadium, listening to Midnight as she talked about how they could have their chance to shine again. They all looked up to the board as it spun their next tests. It stopped and landed on Calvary battle.

" The participants will form teams of two to four  as they see fit. In theory, it's basically the same as a playground game. But there's one difference. Each player is assigned a point value based on the results from the obstacle course." Midnight explained. 

" The point assignments go up, starting from the bottom. For example, 42nd place is worth five points,  and 41st is worth 10. And the point value given to first place contestant is ten million!" Midnight said.

 All eyes moved to Midoriya. He was the target. By taking him down, somebody would win first place themselves. He was their victory.