Chapter 22

Alissa POV:

"Go get her up." I hear someone whisper and the next thing I know the dog is sitting on top of me.

"Hey girl." I say as I sit up and start petting her. I look up to see Dominik standing at the door smiling.

"Morning!" I say motioning for him to come into the room and when he sits down on the bed Khali plops herself inbetween us.

"Good morning- well afternoon Chica." He says and I laugh.

"Again?" I ask and he nods showing me his phone but I notice something when he shows me the screen.

"Hey that's the photo of us I took the first night in met you when I accidentally grabbed your hand." I say picking up his phone off the bed where he sat it and turning it on.

"Yeah, I hope you don't mind." He says and I grab my phone off the charger and turn it on, showing him the screen.

"I'm using the same picture." I tell him and he laughs.

"Great minds think alike I guess." He says.

"Yeah." I say just staring at him, he hasn't done anything to his hair and it's gorgeously scruffy.

"Chica? Did you hear me?" He asks waving his hand infront of my face and I snap out of my trance.

"Huh?" I ask and he smiles trying not to laugh.

"Remember that surprise I was talking about last night?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Nope, last thing I remember is you telling me that alto means tall." I tell him.

"Last night was the first time I've ever seen someone so tired they turned drunk." He says and I laugh.

"So- the surprise?" I ask him.

"Right get dressed, we'll go get some In-N-Out burger then surprise time." He says as he leaves the room with Khali not far behind.

Dominik POV:

Whew she doesn't remember anything from last night. Thank god, now I can finally tell her, at a time she will remember. She comes down the stairs and I notice that she's yet again wearing my sunglasses, the same pair she took yesterday.

"Dont walk into a door this time Chica." I joke and she pouts.

"It was one time I'm not gonna walk into another d- ow." She says as she walks straight into a wall.

"Well you were right, you didn't walk into a door, this time it was a wall." I say as I help her up.

"Let's go." She says trying to act mad but instead bursts out laughing. We get in the truck and after getting our food she looks at me.

"Once when we were 12 my friend Sophie managed to fall into a closed sewer." She says and I look at her.

"Wow." I say and she nods.

"Wait- your serious?" I ask her and she nods. For a minute we are both sitting there dying of laughter.

"How the hell do you manage to do that?" I ask once I caught my breath and she's still dying so she just shrugs. Eventually she catches her breath and she finishes her food. I realize we are getting close to the lake I look at her.

"Chica close your eyes." I tell her.

"Um, why?" She asks.

"Cause we are getting close to the surprise." I tell her and she closes her eyes. When we get to the lake I park the truck and jump out. I open her door and help her out.

"Right... no the other right... straight... stop... stop... Chica stop." I say navigating her and when she stops she's only a couple inches from the water.

"Ok, now open your eyes." I tell her and she removes her hands from her eyes.

Alissa POV:

"Ok, now open your eyes." He tells me and the moment I remove my hands my mouth falls open.

"Oh my god this is- breathtaking." I half whisper and he giggles.

"Just like you." He says and I choke on the water I'm drinking.

"Are you ok?" He asks me and I nod.

"Yeah, you just caught me by surprise." I tell him and he smiles.

"Te amo Chica." He says as I hug him and I suddenly remember what was said last night.

"Yo también te amo (I love you too)" I say as I look up at him. We just look at each other for a minute until I let go of him but turn back to him.

"Hey, let's go swimming." I say and he looks at me.

"That's a good idea." He says and the next thing I know im not on the ground anymore. I dont realize what's going on till I'm under the water. I swim back up and glare at Dominik who's standing at the edge of the water trying not to laugh.

"What was that?!?" I ask him as I throw his sunglasses I've been wearing at him and he catches them.

"Well I was going to get in the water with you but then decided not to." He says and I glare daggers at him.

"Get your ass in here now Gutierrez or I'll- um- dammit- just get the fuck in this water." I tell him and he laughs as he takes off his shirt and jumps in. An hour later, after a splash fight which I won, we get out of the water.

"I just realized something." I say turning to him.

"That I wasn't planning on us going in the water so we have no towels or spare clothes?" He asks.

"Yup, also when you threw me in the water I still had both my shoes on, now I only have 1." I tell him.

"I- wha- how the- you know what never mind, are you cold Chica?" He asks.

"A little bit, but I'm fine." I admit and he throws me his shirt.

"Here." He says and I catch it, I'm ready to argue but think against it and put the shirt on over my soaking clothes.

"Just to be clear, your not getting this shirt back- its mine now." I tell him and he laughs.

"Wait Chica I forgot something." He says as I'm heading to the truck and I head back over to him.

"What did you forget?" I ask him and he looks down at me.

"This- Chica will you be my girlfriend?" He asks and I start going on a ramble listing the pros and cons quietly to myself, though there isn't a hell of cons. The next thing I know he quickly kisses me and I look at him half smiling half shocked.

"Sorry Chica but I needed to shut you up someway, has anyone ever told you you worry too much?" He jokes smiling and I laugh.

"I'm a race car driver, your making a pro and con list everytime you get behind the wheel." I joke back, though it's more or less facts said in a joking tone.

"So, my question..." He asks and I giggle.

"Yes of course!!!!" I say hugging him, my once dry shirt now soaking wet. When we get home I go change and search for my extra pair of shoes but no luck. I start throwing everything out of my closet, not caring how much noise I'm making.

Dominik POV:

I was sitting on the couch with Khali when I start hearing banging upstairs. I head up and open Alissa's door to see her throwing everything everywhere. I just sit there and watch until I have to duck a cowboy boot to avoid getting hit in the face.

"Chica what's going on?" I ask her leaning on the doorframe, the boot now in my hand. She turns around and looks at me.

"I don't have any sneakers, I know for a fact I had a extra pair of Adidas here somewhere but I can't find them- why do you have one of my cowboy boots?" She asks and I pass it to her.

"Because it just about hit me in the face." I tell her.

"Oops sorry." She says setting the boot on the bed.

"It's fine, anyways how about we go get you some new ones, for now just wear your boots." I tell her and she nods.